Full-Time Consultant Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MicroSave is a market leader in providing consulting services to retail financial institutions globally. Our clients include leading commercial banks, mobile network operators, microfinance banks, SACCOs, microfinance institutions and multilateral and bi-lateral donors. With increasing demand for our services, MicroSave intends to recruit a Consultant to join its team in Kenya.
MicroSave is seeking a Consultant to supervise and conduct rigorous research into the functioning of agent network managers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and elsewhere. This data collected will consist of quantitative data for hypothesis testing, as well as qualitative interview data, providing deeper insight into the functioning of these networks.
The Consultant will have to analyse this data with support from the MicroSave team, and prepare compelling and succinct reports on the performance of individual agent networks and of the state of agent networks across a series of countries.
Information compiled from this study, and other related studies will then be used as a foundation for developing a curriculum for a new Institute for Digital Finance. The Consultant will be required to:
- Build and test curricula for delivery at the Institute
- Market the Institute’s courses and related activities
- Facilitate the delivering courses at the Institute
Further, technical assistance will be offered to selected students at The Institute globally. The consultant will be in charge of managing these missions to ensure their success.
PERSON SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be between 27 and 45 years of age.
- A minimum of a master’s degree (or equivalent) in business / economics / social sciences. Accounting qualifications is a definite advantage.
- Interested persons should have at least FIVE years professional experience working with a Mobile Network Operator or Retail Bank. At least one of those years has to have been working on Agent Network Management, and further experience in this regard will be highly valued.
- Sophisticated planning, organisational and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills of a high order, including the ability to formulate recommendations and advice
- Demonstrated ability to lead trainings
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Knowledge of how agent networks function, and are managed
- Highly developed computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent quality English & Kiswahili speaking and writing ability and a professional demeanour.
- Proven ability to work effectively in other cultures, communities and project teams
- A high degree of self-drive, enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communications skills, specifically presentation skills, training skills, and the ability to facilitate groups.
- Comfortable working in unstructured environments with high levels of uncertainty
- Ability to work under pressure yet deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and willingness/ability to travel if necessary
Start date: Ideally by March 22nd
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Travel: A willingness and ability to travel locally, regionally and internationally
Remuneration: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Contract: Open Ended
Your CV (no more than 4 pages) and covering letter which should detail your skills and experiences and how they relate to the job description, should be emailed to MicroSave HR: HR@MicroSave.net, quoting “ref: MicroSave Kenya Consultant” in the email subject line.
Your letter should also include your current salary, your salary expectations and notice period/available start date.
Closing date: 4pm on 15th March 2013
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
163 total views, 2 today