Full-Time Competition Authority of Kenya – Chief Legal Officer
Competition Authority of Kenya Chief Legal Officer Job Vacancy
Chief Legal Officer
- providing legal advice and strategic direction on the interpretation and application of relevant legislation in regard to;
- investigations into alleged anti-competitive conduct;
- mergers analysis;
- consumer protection and unwarranted concentration of economic power;
- preparation and presentation of matters before the Competition Tribunal;
- Liaise with the Attorney – General Chambers and Director of Public Prosecution.
1. Provide legal advice to the Authority
- Provide advice to the Authority on legal issues affecting the Authority’s ability to carry out its functions effectively.
- Represent the Authority in any matter before the Competition Tribunal.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Authority in respect of any proposed review to the Competition Act and also lead the advocacy function focusing on legislation which may be deterring competition in the markets.
2. Strategically direct and manage the Legal Services Division
- Manage the development and implementation of business plans and budgets for the Legal Services Division.
- Oversee compliance with systems and processes for efficient functioning of the Division.
3. To develop, advise and implement strategies for facilitating effective prosecution of Cases referred to the Director of Public Prosecution and Courts
- Includes advising the Authority on suitable terms of Settlements and drafting settlement agreements.
- Conduct relevant research and advice the Authority on appropriate approaches and policies on any legal matter before the Authority.
4. To participate in Executive Committees / Task Teams
- Participate in Executive and Management Committee meetings and strategic events of the Authority.
- Prepare Reports to enable effective decision making in Executive and Management Committee Meetings.
5. To manage staff within the Legal Services Division
- Manage the conclusion and implementation of Performance Contracts with all staff of the Division.
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to ensure personal development of Legal Services Division staff.
- To build capacity and experience in conducting research, report writing and correspondence.
6. Secretary to the Authority’s Board and in charge of coordinating matters related to the Board Members.
- A Masters degree in law from a recognized University.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience.
- Must be a registered Advocate of the High Court of not less than seven (7) years standing.
- Must have attended a Course in Corporate Governance, managed by a reputable organization.
- Experience in preparing policy related briefings and presenting policy proposals.
- A deep understanding of the competition and economic regulatory legislation in Kenya and in the Region.
- A great appreciation of the provisions of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Proven drafting ability.
- Litigation and legal report writing skills.
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, good organizational skills and proven leadership qualities/abilities.
How to Apply
Email your application, CV and summarize yourself as follows:
- Job Ref No
- Your Name
- Current / Past Salary: Year 2012 pm; Year 2013 pm
- Year 2013 Benefits: If house state market rent; if car state cc
Email to [email protected] before 4pm 28th August 2013.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
215 total views, 2 today