4 Mar 2013
Full-Time Communication Manager Job At KANCO in Kenya
KANCO is a national membership network of organization with over 1000 Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya.
It is also accredited as a Linking Organization with the International HIV & AIDS Alliance.
Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS and TB at the community level.
KANCO is seeking to employ a suitable person for the Communication Manager Position Communication Manager
A. Job Description
Job title: Communication Manager
Reports to: Programs Director
B. Job Summary
The communication manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of KANCO’s Communications and Public Relations Strategy and play a key role in providing advocacy related support to programmes, supporting internal and partner advocacy capacity building and providing practical support to project advocacy activities.
C. Major duties and responsibilities
1. Public and Stakeholder Relations
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with existing development partners, KANCO members and partners and any other public interest groups and ensure they are constantly updated on KANCO’s work
- Represent the organization in local forums to create and maintain relationships
- Manage civil society organizations correspondence and respond to public enquiries
- Conduct and coordinate bi-annual networking consultative meetings with KANCO members and other stakeholders to review progress and share information and lessons learnt
- Coordinate organizational exhibitions at different forums
2. Media Relations
- Build relations with the media; promote different organizational advocacy programs in order to increase KANCO’s work in the media
- Identify media opportunities to raise the organizations’ profile
- Organize for press conferences, develop media briefs, liaise with media, respond to their enquiries and facilitate media interviews as well as any other media relations activities requested.
- Confer with program team to produce or coordinate production of advertisements/promotions in the media
3. Publications Development
- Prepare, produce and disseminate quarterly and annual reports as well as oversee programme reports production
- Production of clear communication products e.g IEC material including human interest stories, fact sheets, position papers, project briefs and any other communication documents
- Oversee production of KANCO newsletter covering organizational thematic issues
4. Website and social media management
- Ensure high quality posting on e-platforms to generate stakeholders and partners response
- Maintenance of KANCO website and member database
- Manage KANCO’s social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube accounts
- Support the advocacy department with development of messages and formulation of advocacy strategies
- Identify and follow up on strategic advocacy opportunities
- Develop advocacy plans in collaboration with programme team/CSOs and partners
6. Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
D. Person Specification
- Bachelor degree in Communication/Public Relations. Masters in communication/social sciences will be an added advantage
- The post holder must demonstrate previous communications experience. IT skills including knowledge on desktop publishing and Microsoft office are a pre-requisite
- Fair knowledge of HIV&AIDS and TB as well as other health programming issues and an understanding of KANCO’s core values and strategic areas of focus
- Ability to work with a cross-section of people – Good influencing, networking and building sound personal relationships
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
E. Job Experience
Minimum of four years professional experience in communication/ public relations and advocacy success
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2013
Applications should be sent strictly via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS, Status and disability.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
146 total views, 2 today