Full-Time Clients & Industries Assistant, Kampala, Uganda Ends 10-01-2013
Location: Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
Firm Service: Firm Internal
Reference Code: EAU-64845-RS
Type of Position: Full-time
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Deloitte Uganda has an exciting opportunity to for a young, dynamic individual to work as an Assistant in our Clients & Industries Department. The position is based in Kampala but offers challenging cross-border and multi-skilled work in areas of Business Development and Marketing & Communications.
Join a fast-growing practice and work with like-minded people who are at the forefront of their chosen field. This position offers you an excellent opportunity to customize everything; from your career path to your educational opportunities and benefits, while working within a stimulating and challenging environment that focuses on teamwork and outstanding service delivery. Most of all, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard.
The Clients & Industries Assistant will be a member of the regional team but with specific responsibility for Uganda, charged with the following duties:
- Develop and maintain an active and accurate client database and ensure that it is up to date at all times.
- Support all departments and ensure that all proposals are reviewed for brand compliance before submission. Ensure that all new Deloitte Templates/Images, updates are communicated and shared with all staff especially administrative assistants and copies saved on the general folder for easy access by all staff.
- Support the proposal development process especially for high value/strategic proposals by way of collecting all necessary background information to support the proposal team, identifying potential associates or specific skills needed, and coordinating the branding, packaging and submission of the proposals.
- Lead and manage all logistics including materials, media, invitations, venue, service providers, etc for Deloitte events, workshops, seminars etc.
- Maintain acceptable stock levels for marketing materials like Notebooks, Pens, etc that are often needed for client targeting meetings.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and developments in the market and within the key focus industries (Financial Services, Public Sector, Oil & Gas). Maintain an up to date information repository on market trends that is accessed and utilised by all departments.
- Lead client targeting/marketing efforts through proactive identification of potential targets in line with emerging trends and developments in the market.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date weekly marketing report. Conduct an in-depth analysis of the weekly marketing report and provide useful insight during the management meetings on areas such as our competitive advantage, competitor intelligence, etc.
- Lead and initiate brand eminence activities in collaboration with departments and the Managing Director’s office and identify strategic client partnerships within the market.
- Organise and coordinate the annual Deloitte Budget Seminar with support from the tax department. Ensure that client feedback on the Budget Seminar is obtained within a week.
- Develop and institutionalise a client feedback process for every Deloitte event, workshop, seminar and share feedback with the appropriate persons/departments.
- Track Clients’ events, changes in leadership, growth and expansion plans, etc in support of the Know Your Client initiative; and
- Together with management be involved in managing client relationships. This may include conducting customer satisfaction surveys on annual basis for high value clients and pro-actively following up to determine whether reasonable issues raised by clients have been addressed, ensuring each client-contact point builds a favourable impression, and ensuring that top clients receive marketing materials when available etc.
As the ideal team player, you should posses the following attributes:
- Upper class Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field;
- First grade in O’level with a minimum of credit 3 in English or equivalent;
- At least 17 points at A’level or equivalent;
- Excellent computer user skills especially in MS Office packages, particularly Power point, Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar Database, Internet and email;
- Project management skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- At least 1 year work experience;
- Experience in Marketing and/or Communications will be an added advantage;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent written and spoken English language; and
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
To the successful candidate, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package and a highly energised team environment composed of individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
Closing date: 10 January 2013
175 total views, 1 today