15 Mar 2013
Full-Time CIMMYT Latest Vacancy For Gender Research Assistant
Gender Research Assistant – CIMMYT
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT® is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, and through offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Through strong science and effective partnerships, we create, share, and use knowledge and agricultural technologies to increase food security, improve the productivity and profitability of farming systems, and sustain natural resources in developing countries.
We participate in an extensive global network of people and organizations who share similar research and development goals, including the public and private sector, nongovernmental and civil society organizations, farmers, and the development assistance community.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of Project Leader in the Socio-economics Programme (SEP), and provide scientific research and project support to the Programme Director and scientists in implementing various socio-economics and policy research projects.
- Conduct literature reviews and assist in preparing gender strategy documents, research and survey reports and policy briefs to strengthen research and publication efforts.
- Assist in survey and qualitative data collection, entry, management, and analysis.
Networking and Capacity Building
- Establish and maintain contacts with collaborating organizations and individuals.
- Develop training materials and provide training for collaborators.
- Assist in organizing project and stakeholder meetings.
- Assist in developing workplans and budgets for subcontractors and collaborators.
- Assist in proposal writing.
- Any other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required and as assigned from time to time.
- Masters degree in either Gender Studies, Rural Sociology, Development Studies, Social Anthropology, Agricultural Economics or Economics, or related field from a recognized university.
- Good understanding of gender issues in agriculture as well as relevant methods, frameworks and tools.
- Strong qualitative research skills and familiarity with qualitative data analysis using ATLAS.ti.
- Practical experience in field surveys and analysis of farm household data using STATA, SPSS or any other standard econometric software package.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, integrity, honesty and self-motivation.
- Ability to travel within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Valid Kenyan driver’s license.
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment.
We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
This position is on local terms and will be for an initial period of three (3) years, renewable subject to six (6) months’ probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
The position will be based in CIMMYT office in Nairobi.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectation.
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
- A copy of driving licence.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) via email: [email protected] and should indicate “Application for Gender Research Assistant – CIMMYT” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until 29th March, 2013.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about CIMMYT and World Agroforestry Centre by accessing our web sites www.cimmyt.org andwww.worldagroforestry.org
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
- www cimmyt jobvacancykenya
- yandex transporters
- CImmyt ethiopia job vacancy related with rural development
- cimmyt kenya
- gender research research assistant
- job vacancy related with rural develoment in ethiopia
411 total views, 7 today