31 Jan 2013
Full-Time Chief Accountant Job At A Pharmaceutical Company in Kenya
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical marketing company servicing the retail and wholesale market.
In order to handle increased business, they are looking forward to recruiting a Chief Accountant
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Oversee the accounts, finance and tax functions while ensuring statutory compliance with statutory regulations
- Ensure adherence to general acceptable accounting standards and principles
- Maintain proper financial records and ensure that there are clear audit trails
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and report in a clear and timely manner on the attainment of these forecasts and budgets
- Plan, manage and coordinate end of month and end of year closing process and procedures
- Participate in the formulation of internal controls and ensure that these controls are implemented fully
- Prepare clear and concise periodic financial statements and reports as required
- Document and audit company assets as required
- Monitor the company’s cash flows and provide regular cash flow position reports as required as well a general treasury management
- Preparation of annual financial statements for auditing
The Chief Accountant needs to meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a qualified accountant with ACCA or CPA(K) professional qualifications. A university degree will confer added advantage
- Have at least 5 years’ experience preferably in a busy trading environment 3 of which should be a chief accountant.
- Have excellent communication, analytical and reporting skills
- Have very good Microsoft Excel and ERP management skills
- Be mature and able to work under pressure
If qualified send CV only to [email protected], indicating the title (Chief Accountant) on the subject line
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
175 total views, 1 today