16 Jan 2013
Full-Time Career Opportunity As FEP Group Recruits Web Developer in Kenya
The Web Developer’s role is to build the operations end of the Web sites and keep them running smoothly.
This includes designing, building, and implementing new web pages and sites; integrating sites with back end applications; migrating legacy applications to the web; and performing day-to-day administration of the web portfolios.
Use of a variety of web development languages is required.
- Participate is setting Applications Development Department web development strategy;
- Develop and communicate web site usage and security policies and standards to all users;
- Define web site architecture and overall site structure;
- Establish policies and procedures for publishing web pages and applications in conjunction with content creators;
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of proposed web implementations;
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technologies and issues in support of web development efforts;
- Install and configure HTTP servers and associated operating systems, and establish appropriate server directory trees;
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new web features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers;
- Oversee web development projects, including intranets and extranets;
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document web applications using appropriate editors;
- Register web servers and sites with domain name services;
- Update web pages to ensure site accuracy and currency;
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing web applications and sites;
- Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to web applications;
- Ensure security of all web sites and related applications.
- Perform periodic web site audits;
- Monitor and report on web site traffic and performance;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited four (4) year college or university in computer science;
- Minimum of six (3) years of web development experience;
- In-depth knowledge of Web technologies, protocols, and tools, strong understanding of Internet programming languages, thorough understanding of application development methodologies, experience with computer graphic and multimedia design; comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing interactive corporate web sites, proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining web servers and associated operating systems, knowledge of database development, experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements, project management experience and ability to understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Other Key Competencies / Skills
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages;
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
- Highly self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Very strong customer service orientation;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
If you feel you have met the above expectations forward your resume and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th January 2013.
The position is urgent and the C.V ‘s received at the initial stage will be shortlisted
(Only those that will have met the requirements).
130 total views, 2 today