13 Aug 2013
Full-Time Career Opportunities For Sales Accountants At Savannah Cement Athi River, Kenya
Savannah Cement is the newest cement company in the Kenyan market having completed a state – of – the – art Greenfield Cement Grinding Plant in Athi River, Kenya.
The plant employs the latest cement technology in the market to produce 1.5 million tonnes of the various cement products per annum for the Kenyan and regional market.
Savannah Cement is seeking to recruit highly motivated, dynamic and innovative result oriented professionals, seeking a thrilling and fulfilling experience, to join the company in the following position:
Reporting to the Financial. Accountant – Revenue, the Sales Accountants will be responsible for ensuring customer records are updated on a timely basis through prompt invoicing and receipting of cheques and other customer deposits into the company accounts.
- Ensures the cheque register is updated and reconciled to physical cheques daily.
- Ensures accuracy of customer orders, raises invoices and customer statements and sends them promptly to the customers.
- Ensures all cheques, cash deposits and electronic transfers received as shown in the bank statements are updated in the ERP and show the right customer account and bank account.
- Ensures all cheques receipted are banked daily and in line with business needs so that the company receives value.
- Clears customer accounts in the ERP by matching invoices to payments and ensures ageing is correct so that customer statements are accurate.
- Works with the Sales Representatives and the logistics team to coordinate deliveries by ensuring the sales orders are raised in the ERP and the right product is delivered to the customer.
- Provides information to the Commercial team regarding status of the customer accounts and performs routine reconciliation on the key customer accounts as agreed with the Business Performance Manager.
- Prepares periodic reports and analysis for use by the Commercial and Finance teams in credit control for decision making and also ensures completeness in invoicing by period end to ensure accuracy in management reports.
- Supports the Financial Accountant-Revenue &Treasury in debt collection by providing accurate customer data and assists in follow up for payment on due accounts; and
- Ensures adherence to revenue controls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with professional qualifications (CPA2, ACCA2) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a reputable commercial organization with exposure to most or all the above job requirements.
- A good understanding of general accounting, good ICT knowledge, especially in an ERP environment with excellent reporting skills; and
- A high level of integrity, excellent conceptual, reporting, negotiation, communication, team relations, analytical, planning and coordination skills.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the right candidates.
The successful candidates will enjoy flexibility and organizational space while joining an experienced and dynamic staff.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, send your application, a detailed CV, names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact; on or before Friday August 12, 2013 to:
The Head of Human Resources,
P.O Box 27910, 00100,
Email: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Savannah Cement is an equal opportunities employer.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
507 total views, 1 today