Full-Time Career Opportunities For Quantity Surveyors in Kenya
- Preparation of budget/preliminary cost estimate from preliminary drawings with view of establishing cost limit. Cost check during detailed design to ensure budget conforms to design.
- Taking measurements on site and from detailed drawings and preparing bills of quantities.
- Pricing bills of quantities.
- Cost control during implementation by costing change orders (variations) and advising on financial implications.
- Preparation of periodic/interim valuations of work done for issuance of certificate of payment by the Resident Engineer.
- Advising on the cost implications of design alternatives if considered
- Participating in tender action for the project.
- Preparation of tender analysis and evaluation reports for the project.
- Preparation of cash-flow projections (on the basis of the chosen tender and its construction program) to advice on the firm pattern of financial commitment throughout the project.
- Re-measure all provisional works as they are executed.
- Degree in Building Economics.
- Masters in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Proven record of at least 10 years of which 4 years should be specific to large civil works, roads and ports.
- Be a registered I.Q.S.K member.
- Flexibility to varying working hours.
- A mature individual with high level of discretion and unquestionable integrity.
Interested candidates should submit their application and detailed CV, copies of certificates and a list of work done on or before 8th February 2013 to email@example.com clearly indicating the position on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
117 total views, 1 today