1 Feb 2013
Full-Time Career Opportunities At CfBT Education Trust Jobs in Kenya
Education Programme ManagementVacancies
CfBT Education Trust seeks to recruit the following positions described below for a large new project which will strengthen girls’ education in the Arid and Semi Arid Lands (ASALs) and urban slums.
1. Project Director
The Project Director is responsible for overall project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of the requirements of a high-quality programme.
S/he will establish and maintain systems for project operations;
ensure that all partner agreement deadlines are met and targets are achieved;
maintain working relationships with project stakeholders (including sub- grantees and/or subcontractors); and
oversee the preparation and submission of technical and financial reports to CfBT.
- A minimum of a Masters degree in Education, Gender or a related field;
- Experience working with the Ministry of Education in Kenya;
- Analytical and communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of education and training;
- Demonstrated evidence of strategic planning skills;
- Experience managing complex and complicated education programmes with time sensitive deliverables;
- Technical leadership and operational experience in education programmes;
- Experience in managing the administrative, contracting, hiring, recruitment, financial, and logistical aspects of contracts;
- Successful experience of managing large-value programmes on budget.
2. CfBT Project Lead
The Project lead is responsible for the Behaviour Change technical aspect of the programme.
S/He will lead responsibility for implementation of the Behaviour Change component;
Escalation of any delivery issues and lead contact with CfBT Operations Manager;
Oversee partner implementation down the delivery chain, from office to field level;
Prepare project training and facilitation schedules;
Work with the procurement /contracts/finance teams to assess progress and provide reports.
- Masters Degree in Education, Counselling or related field;
- Three years experience in Behaviour Change programmes;
- Analytical and communication skills;
- An in-depth knowledge of education and training;
- Five years experience in training.
3. CfBT Education / Regional Coordinators
Based in Nairobi, Coast and North Eastern
The Education / Regional Coordinator will be a key part of the team with primary responsibility for providing support and training for all the training and education programmes across the regions:
Support and strengthen the capacity of instructional coaches and other interventions;
Provide leadership services to instructional coaches and teachers;
Provide advisory services to coaches and teachers in lesson planning and teaching with emphasis to early grade reading skills and behaviour change;
Provide support input in the development of coaching and learning materials in English and Kiswahili, in accordance with the KIE curriculum;
Overall programme management including monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum B. Ed degree; Background in Teacher Education;
- Experience in the area of Early Primary Education;
- Experience in teacher support and management;
- Proven experience in teaching language Kiswahili/English;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
4. Logistics Officer
The Logistics Officer will participate in field-level planning formulation and participate in programme planning and advising on logistics considerations.
S/he will provide technical and operational support to the field office, as well as advice on application of logistics management best practice, systems and procedures.
Take initiative in management improvement for the logistic function; initiate, justify, account for all logistical expenses;
Conduct special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of office procedures and practices related to logistics.
Assist in Human Resources administration.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Management, Transport or related field;
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international level in logistics;
- Varied supply/logistics functional background an asset, from procurement to warehousing, transport management and distribution to beneficiaries
5. Grant Manager
The Grant Manager will provide leadership in grant management to the partners for the project while ensuring compliance with rules and regulations and CfBT.
S/he will be the day-to-day contact with partners and help ensure programme delivery.
S/he will manage the grant-making process, including training the partners on proper recording keeping;
Analyse quarterly and annual reports from the partners and ensuring all partners are adhering to requirements.
Conduct monitoring visits to partners to check on compliance; consolidating all reports from partners.
- Masters in Social Sciences or Education;
- substantial experience in International Not for Profit organizations
The Accountant will manage programme finances including: preparing quarterly and annual reports; budgeting and forecasting; cash flow management and forecasting; analysing partner expenditure and funds requests; preparing funds request to the donor; maintain full audit trail from donor reports to underlying transactions.
- Bachelors’ degree in finance/accounting;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) with five years experience in international Not for Profit organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organizations.
- Audit experience an advantage.
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a CV and Cover letter including current remuneration and three referees to [email protected] with the subject line job application and the name of the post applied for.
Applications must be received on or before 6 February 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All these posts have a possible interaction with children, youth and disadvantaged communities and hence a background check will done and a certificate of good conduct will be mandatory for every applicant.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
177 total views, 1 today