Full-Time Career Jobs At Britam ICT in Kenya
The company is listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Systems Development, the jobholder will be responsible for the design and development of business applications in line with defined business requirements.
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications.
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specifications for solutions to complex business problems and formulate designs for the solutions.
- Perform data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system; developing database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to specifications
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Degree in Computer Science or technical-related field
- Certification in Database Systems (RDBMS).
- Certified Solution Developer
- 3 years’ experience with RDMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, and Informix.
- Experience with web servers and application servers e.g. Apache, IIS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Experience in data warehousing, business analytics, knowledge in Business Systems Modelling and data retrieval.
- Knowledge of Mobile infrastructure, Internet technologies, ecommerce and e-payment technologies, Unix user skills.
- Experience in processes and procedures management.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Applications Support the incumbent will be responsible for Administration, maintenance maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications and reinforce quality standards and adherence to business best practice, adding value to business processes and significantly contributing to the operational excellence.
- Provide first line and second line support and maintenance services to all business applications. Proactive monitoring of various production systems for performance, availability and other critical parameters
- Ensure adequate monitoring systems that provide timely, accurate, real-time, and historical data on performance and other critical parameters
- Maintenance and administration of all business applications
- Ensure business applications are adequately sized to meet SLA’s with the business
- Ensure data quality and integrity in all business applications
- Document and update processes and procedures in use for business applications
- Providing and monitoring SLAs and OLAs
- Provide expert management of business applications incidents, root cause analysis, management of problems and closure of recurring incidents
- Creating system testing requirements and high quality supportability requirements
- Testing new products and systems functionality before deployment into production environments
- Degree in science/Engineering/Computer Science
- IT Service Management – ITIL Certification
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a networked and dynamic IT environment, 2+ years Knowledge of applications support and database administration
- Familiarity with Knowledge of software, hardware, systems administration, and network technology
- Strong technical skill/knowledge in business applications especially CRM and Enterprise systems
- Self-motivated, self-starter who works well in a fast pace, growth orientated entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced Knowledge in SQL
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
Reporting to the Manager IT Security, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, implementation and management of information security policies, standards and procedures. The job holder is also responsible for the selection of appropriate security solutions, and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments.
- Ensuring authorised access by investigating improper access, revoking access, reporting violations, monitoring information requests and recommending improvements
- Research, identification and implementation of new IT security solutions
- Performing computer and/or network security vulnerability assessments and scans to identify evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Audit (SAS70 & PCI) systems to ensure compliance with mandated policies
- Reviews log files across the network.
- Monitor and maintain security systems in accordance with corporate policies investigate security violations and breaches and report such violations as necessary.
- Developing security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Coordinate the Disaster Recovery, business continuity planning and regular quality assurance and testing.
- Degree in Computer Science/Technology Management
- Knowledge in software, Hardware, Systems Administration, Network Technology
- Professional Information Security qualifications: CISM/CISA/GIAC
- 2+ years of experience in network, server or application security positions
- 2 + years Information Security & Compliance experience – in penetration testing and vulnerability assessments, IDS/Firewalls/VPN Administration, content filters, Security scan tools, Network and Systems Administration
- Experience and expertise with ethical hacking, firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies, secure coding practices and threat modeling
- Must have good working experience and knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and understanding of the implementation of COBIT & ISO17799
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Experience with network device IOS installation, configuration and backup and restoration
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager – IS, the jobholder will ensure that the Group’s Information Systems policies and procedures as stipulated in the operating companies’ systems and procedures manuals, and all the relevant legal and regulatory requirements, are complied with; the group’s exposure to risk is reduced; the group’s assets are safeguarded; and all the group’s transactions are completely and accurately recorded.
- Study, understand, and document every area being audited within the Group’s diversified operations, and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop, information systems audit programmes giving special attention to potential risk areas
- Carry out detailed audit tests on all the Group’s automated systems in accordance with the approved Annual Audit Plan
- Gather adequate audit evidence to support findings and suggestions for improvement. The jobholder will make appropriate judgment as to the best method to use in gathering audit evidence, depending on the actual circumstances encountered in the field
- Carrying out pre – implementation reviews of projects requiring acquisition of new IT software/hardware and assessing their technical viability
- Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls on new information systems and system changes on existing systems
- Carrying out post implementation reviews of newly installed information systems and system changes within the Group
- Reviewing security controls on all the Group’s information systems
- Reviewing internal controls on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Writing detailed draft reports including audit findings, implications and recommendations and discussing them with auditee management and other relevant personnel.
- Writing final reports including findings, implications, recommendations, management comments and implementation schedule
- Performing post – implementation reviews of previous audit recommendations and reporting on implementation status
- Bachelors degree in information Systems from a reputable University
- Qualification in CISA or CIA
Reporting to the Manager – IT Business Analyst and Solutions Architect, the jobholder’s role is to be the liaison between business users and the Information Technology team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned.
- Gathering, detailing, documenting and analyzing business requirements in a format that is useful to business end users and technical developers.
- Propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements.
- Point out and identify new systems needed to meet business requirements, within the context of a well-established Enterprise IT Architecture.
- Ensure requirements are approved by stakeholders before development can commence.
- Verify and approve solution designs to ensure business requirements have been met and ensure requirements are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Support the RFI/RFQ and supplier selection processes and support the review of both high level and low level design.
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities.
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Professional qualifications in Systems development, project management, IT architecture.
- 3+ years’ experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, and at least 2 years in the Requirements Analysis function
- In-depth knowledge of software development in a development organization and processes (e.g. software lifecycle); in-depth knowledge of both ERP and CRM capabilities a must.
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
138 total views, 1 today