11 Mar 2013
Full-Time Career As Human Resource Officer At Bridge International Academies, Kenya
Human Resource Officer
Bridge International Academies is transforming education by attacking one of the emerging world’s biggest problems: inadequate access to and quality of education for the children of families living on less than $2/day.
As of January 2013, Bridge is operating more than 130 academies in Kenya with 50,000 pupils. Bridge is one of the fastest growing education companies in the world with plans to open 100 new academies in Kenya alone in 2013; and aggressive global expansion planned for 2013 and beyond.
Bridge utilizes a research-proven, scripted-learning education methodology coupled with big data (all teachers have tablets for instruction, assessment, and data-gathering) to profitably deliver high quality education at less than $6 per child per month.
Bridge is a for-profit company that deeply believes that financially sustainable solutions are the long-term answer to development in emerging countries. The Company is backed by top-tier, global venture capital firms including New Enterprise Associates (the largest VC firm in the world), Omidyar Network, Khosla Ventures, and Learn Capital.
Bridge International Academies offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting, ambitious, and socially conscious companies, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
We look forward to getting to know you!
- Effectively manage employee onboarding, from generating offer letters and contracts to ensuring that employees have the right systems and equipment
- Ensure that employment contracts and other employee documents are updated and consistent
- Manage immigration and work permit issues for expatriate employees
- Coordinate employee separations processes with Finance, Technology, and department heads
- Maintain all personnel records in digital and paper form; ensure data integrity in all situations
- Provide effective conflict resolution for employees at HQ, in the field, and at academies; manage delicate/group situations
- Conduct disciplinary investigations; may require travel to various academy sites
- Maintain employee benefits programs and claims
- Monitor and follow up on employee attendance and leave
- Verify payroll; generate reports for Human Resources Manager and other executives
- Administer recruiting platform; coordinate with third party recruiting firms and department heads
- Degree from a top undergraduate institution, preferably with Business Administration and Human Resources course specialization with exemplary academic performance
- Minimum of four years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience in Human Resources
- Work experience in fast-growth, rapid-scale contexts in terms of headcount, particularly with large numbers of field staff
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong adherence to systems and process
- Experience working with a culturally and socioeconomically diverse workforce
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm level; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and SharePoint products
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website atwww.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
311 total views, 1 today