11 Mar 2013
Full-Time Career As Human Resource Manager At Bridge International Academies
Human Resource Manager
Bridge International Academies is transforming education by attacking one of the emerging world’s biggest problems: inadequate access to and quality of education for the children of families living on less than $2/day.
As of January 2013, Bridge is operating more than 130 academies in Kenya with 50,000 pupils. Bridge is one of the fastest growing education companies in the world with plans to open 100 new academies in Kenya alone in 2013; and aggressive global expansion planned for 2013 and beyond.
Bridge utilizes a research-proven, scripted-learning education methodology coupled with big data (all teachers have tablets for instruction, assessment, and data-gathering) to profitably deliver high quality education at less than $6 per child per month.
Bridge is a for-profit company that deeply believes that financially sustainable solutions are the long-term answer to development in emerging countries. The Company is backed by top-tier, global venture capital firms including New Enterprise Associates (the largest VC firm in the world), Omidyar Network, Khosla Ventures, and Learn Capital.
Bridge International Academies offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting, ambitious, and socially conscious companies, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
We look forward to getting to know you!
- Proactively manage and monitor the effectiveness of Human Resources policies and procedures across all staff, particularly at academies
- Manage disciplinary investigations and employee grievances; coordinate across departments and participate in field work as necessary
- Counsel managers on candidate selection and ensure that executives and department heads align personnel planning with recruiting strategies
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results; scheduling management conferences with employees
- Assess benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to management
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Coordinate correspondences and communications between HR and employees; ensure that management views are clearly and fairy represented
- Consider new systems, tools, and processes to improve the ongoing operations of Human Resources
- Manage executive payroll and personal documents
- Work with management to establish correct salary bands and market compensation to determine employee
- Degree from a top undergraduate institution, preferably with Business Administration and Human Resources course specialization with exemplary academic performance
- 5-10 years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience in Human Resources in managerial roles
- Work experience in fast-growth, rapid-scale contexts in terms of headcount, particularly with large numbers of field staff
- Excellent management skills; ability to effectively multitask
- Strong adherence to systems and process
- Experience working with a culturally and socioeconomically diverse workforce
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm level; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and SharePoint products
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website atwww.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
234 total views, 2 today