28 Feb 2013
Full-Time Business Operations Manager Job Vacancy, Nairobi
Business Operations Manager
We are looking for an experienced manager to join our team and provide operational leadership as we grow.
The Director of Business Operations will help lead the transition from proof-of-concept to scale – from a start-up of 40 staff to a sector-leading organization.
Specifically, these responsibilities will include:
- Organizational leadership: As part of the Executive Team, guide the organization’s strategy and business model, and build a strong team capable of executing on our goals at scale.
- Growth and expansion: Oversee the process of selecting targets for geographic expansion, and work closely with our teams to evaluate candidate sites and manage the setup process.
- Human resources and administration: Oversee HR operations, including recruiting and staff retention. Work closely with the HR Manager on long-term planning, incentive structures, and infusing our HR operations with innovation and creativity.
- Marketing and sales: Supervise Marketing Manager, and ensure day to day sales and marketing activities are aligned with the organization’s strategy and growth goals.
- Strategic planning and special projects: Coordinate efforts to develop new service offerings, plan for growth, and establish strategic partnerships. Oversee staff and consultants engaging in special projects, and hold them accountable to timelines.
This is a senior position, reporting to Managing Director and working closely alongside our Operations Director and Finance Director.
We are a start-up organization in the early days of its growth; we need a leader who is flexible and able to juggle numerous responsibilities.
The person we’re looking for has top-notch strategy and analysis capabilities, paired with deep experience in an operational management setting.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field
- 10-15 years’ work experience, including roles leading operations in demanding professional environments. A background in operations would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Demonstrated leadership, networking and negotiation skills
- Hands-on approach to getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English; preference given for excellent Swahili skills as well
- Strong computer and office skills
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 06/03/2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
127 total views, 1 today