21 Mar 2013
Full-Time Assistant Programme Manager & Project Officer Jobs At Concern Worldwide
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Kenya nationals for the following positions:
Assistant Programme Manager, Education (Two positions)
Based in: Marsabit and Nairobi
Contract Duration: Marsabit (3 year contract) and Nairobi (6 month contract), with frequent travel to project areas
The position holders will manage Primary Education portfolios in Marsabit County and Nairobi slums respectively, they will be responsible for inter alia: programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; development and execution of local advocacy strategy; documentation and communication of results; budget and grant management.
More specifically he/she shall provide technical direction and leadership to Local NGO partners; technical support to County Education Office (CEO) to improve access to basic education and learning outcomes for the most vulnerable children and especially girls.
The key areas of responsibility include Financial Management, Partners Capacity Building and Programme support / Management.
- A first degree in Education
- A master’s degree in Education or equivalent is desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Primary Education vulnerable children especially Girls
- At least 2 years’ experience in advocacy for Girls Education.
- Significant experience/knowledge in Primary Education policies and working with Ministry of Education at Micro and Meso level
- Experience in Mainstreaming Gender, Child Protection and HIV&AIDS
- Experience in programme cycle management – planning, monitoring and evaluation
Project Officer – Community Empowerment
Based in: Nairobi with frequent travel to project areas (3 year contract)
To develop technical capacity for Community Conversations.
The main responsibility is to develop technical capacity for Community Conversations in Concern’s Local and International NGO partners in Mombasa, Kwale, Kilifi, Tana River, Turkana and Samburu:
- A bachelor’s degree in community development, social sciences or any other relevant field or
- A diploma in community development, social sciences or any other relevant field and at least three years’ experience in implementing community projects
- A minimum two years’ experience in applying participatory approach to development, experience in
- Community Conversations is an added advantage
- Must be a Trainer of Trainer in participatory and adult learning technique
- Must have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
A detailed ToR for this position may be obtained by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and covering letter, quoting the specific job applied for, to -
The Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 13850- 00800,
Nairobi, to the following email address: email@example.com
Each application should include three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
The closing date for application is 3rd April, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
439 total views, 1 today