Full-Time Area Managers NGO Jobs in Mandera, Wajir and Dadaab Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent will:
To act as key Islamic Relief’s Representative in the County and to manage and co-ordinate the effective and efficient implementation of IRW programmes.
The Area Manager will be reporting to the CD on all aspects of the implementation of the humanitarian programme with a day to day contact and dotted line to the Head of Programmes (HoP).
These include Project Development (Design Project proposal followed by assessment), Monitoring, Reporting and Administration. Representation of the organisation and co-ordination with other players is central.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Representing Islamic Relief, co-ordination and negotiation with all relevant stakeholders, such as local authorities, community leaders, representatives of NGOs and government.
- Undertake assessments and design new interventions as appropriate.
- Prepare scenario plans and manage assessments of emergency situations.
- Managing the operational security of the programme and staff. Keep the CD and the HoP at the Country office updated on the security situation / incidents related to the programme, including devising and implementing security and evacuation plans.
- Developing programme policies and preparing plans, budgets and resource requirements to meet planned objectives.
- Responsibility for all administrative aspects of the running of the project, including establishing and maintaining systems to monitor, evaluate and report on the project.
- Monitoring and controlling budget and finance issues related to the project.
- Ensuring narrative reporting and financial accounting as appropriate e.g. produce programme update reports for use in internal communications.
- Ensuring that the programme is implemented in a consultative, participative and gender sensitive way.
- Identify staffing needs, undertake recruitment of staff and manage the performance and development of all direct reports, ensuring performance objectives are produced and worked to, including identification of effective delivery training and development needs.
- Frequent travel to work and liaise with Government, UN agencies and other NGO’s as appropriate.
- Five years previous experience in project management (in humanitarian work) and a proven record of effective management in a high impact emergency situation (University graduate or MSC holder is preferable).
- Energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous.
For a detailed Job description on the positions kindly visit our website. www.islamicreliefkenya.org.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
246 total views, 1 today