6 Feb 2013
Full-Time An Automobile Industry Recruits Stores Manager in Kenya
Job Title: Stores Manager – Automobile Industry
Job Purpose: Our client in the Automobile Industry seeks a Stores Manager with experience in the industry and with familiarity handling Chinese and Japanese vehicles.
The job entails organizational improvements to reduce cost and increase customer service.
Coordinate activities of departments to deliver faster turnaround of material movement to drive costs / inventory investment down while improving accuracy and response time to customers
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop strategies / plans / programs and measures to deliver stated company objectives.
- Participate in management meetings to address issues and provide updates to management.
- Create policies and procedures for organization to deliver Logistics goals / objectives.
- Interact with Customers. Listen to / resolve problems with process or personnel.
- Administer departmental and one on one meetings with organization members as necessary to discuss performance in fundamental result areas: safety, quality, individual performance, training, and auditing of inbound inspections, etc.
- Oversee warehouse space management and cost.
- Interact with customers and planning dept. when necessary to insure adherence to excess / obsolete policy.
- Insure information system performance.
- Respond to organization needs for improvements and training.
- Responsible to customers for all issues / requests relating to material control and inventory.
- Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
- Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
- Inbound Warehouse, Outbound Warehouse, Internal Material Handling Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities;
- Makes self available to staff;
- Provides regular performance feedback;
- Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth;
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external);
- Fosters quality focus in others;
- Improves processes, products and services;
- Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement;
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Management
- KISM and/or CIPS Qualification
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- ICT skills, ACCPAC
- Mindfulness of safe material handling procedures and techniques
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is an asset
- Warehouse experience operating equipment is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 25 February 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
121 total views, 1 today