13 Mar 2013
Full-Time Altima Africa Recruits Mining Engineer in Kenya
Reference: ME _2013
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Our Client, the leading indigenous construction company in Kenya, seeks to recruit a Mining Engineer tasked with identifying and managing mining locations and planning mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound mining.
- A degree in geology, mining engineering, mineral or quarry engineering or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of ten years experience in Mining operations
Job Specification- Mining Engineer
- Select or develop mineral location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Monitor mine production rates to assess operational effectiveness.
- Inspect mining areas for unsafe structures, equipment, and working conditions.
- Design, implement, and monitor the development of mines, facilities, systems, or equipment.
- Devise solutions to problems of land reclamation and water and air pollution, such as methods of storing excavated soil and returning exhausted mine sites to natural states.
- Lay out, direct, and supervise mine construction operations, such as the construction of shafts and tunnels.
- Evaluate data to develop new mining products, equipment, or processes.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Examine maps, deposits, drilling locations, or mines to determine the location, size, accessibility, contents, value, and potential profitability of mineral, oil, and gas deposits.
- Conduct or direct mining experiments to test or prove research findings.
- Implement and coordinate mine safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices.
- Assessing the commercial viability of new mining ventures and reclaiming mine sites;
- Preparing plans for mines, for example tunnels and shafts for underground mines;
- In the long term design, develop, and implement computer applications for use in mining operations such as mine design, modeling, or mapping or for monitoring mine conditions.
- Prepare technical reports for use by mining, engineering, and management personnel.
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating mines.
- staff activities, either in one site section or throughout an entire mine;
- filling in disused mine shafts;
- managing monthly budgets and keeping detailed records
- Ascertaining extraction risks
- Ensuring that operations comply with health and safety requirements
- Liaising with and advising managerial and technical staff (geologists, engineers etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as team working skills
- Strong technical skills/capabilities
- Managerial skills
- IT skills
How to Apply
- If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 17th March 2013.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
179 total views, 1 today