Full-Time Agronomist Trainer Job Vacancy in Kenya – Farm Shop
Based at: Ruaka – Kiambu County with 80% of time in the field
Start Date: March 15th 2013
Reports to: Farm Shop COO
Contract Period: 1 year renewable
About Farm Shop trust:
Farm Shop is a social enterprise with the mission of increasing small holder productivity by providing farmers high quality products, services and information.
To provide training of franchisees and farmers in Kiambu county and participate in promotional events, farmer’s clinics and demonstration days.
Main Activities/Key tasks
The Agronomist will report to Farm Shop’s COO. The following tasks will be undertaken on behalf of Farm Shop:
- To provide training of Farm Shop’s existing franchisees and shop assistants
- Participate in promotional events, market days and farmer’s clinics
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and inventory control.
- Provide technical input on the set up of demo farms and train farmers is best practices during demonstration day events
- Support field agents in farmer group visits
- Develop training curriculum for franchisee and shop assistants
- Advise management and franchisees on agricultural product suppliers
- Standards of Performance and Behavior
- Honesty, integrity and transparency in dealings with stakeholders and clients.
- Great communicator and trainer
- Analytical and pro active attitude towards problem solving
- Professional conduct in all operational matters
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture and 5 years of experience working with small holder farmers. Previous experience as a trainer is a plus.
- Fluent English and Swahili
- Analytical and writing skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Use of MS Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook
- Honesty, integrity and a set of values that encourages productive work in others
- Willingness to travel extensively in Kenya and beyond and to work long hours if required
- Ability to engage with a diversity of audiences both within target communities and beneficiaries.
134 total views, 1 today