9 Oct 2013
Full-Time Afex Group Recruits Field Officers in Kenya
Afex Group, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors in some of the most remote and hostile corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX Group provides international standard service delivery combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
The company wishes to recruit competent, innovative and self-driven persons to fill the following positions:
QHSE Field Officers
Afex has recently stared to locate Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) Field Officers at our Camps. This is a new initiative and reflects the increased focus and importance placed on QHSE by Afex.
QHSE Field Officers are responsible for implementing Afex’s QHSE Management System at Afex camps and for liaising with the Head Office QHSE team.
The position entails assisting in establishing effective controls, procedures, and integrated programs for achieving and maintaining the highest level of consistent QHSE in Afex Group.
QHSE Field Officers operate with a high degree of autonomy. They will liaise on a day to day basis with the Camp Manager and Client Representative and will report directly to the QHSE Manager in Afex’s Nairobi Head Office.
- To proactively raise the profile of QHSE on-site with all parties.
- To implement Afex’s QHSE Management System on-site.
- To undertake and advise on QHSE risk assessments, permit to works and related activities.
- To undertake QHSE camp inspections.
- To deliver tool box talks and other training sessions.
- To ensure that all incidents (including near misses) and nonconformances are reported and investigated in accordance with Afex QHSE procedures and appropriate actions taken.
- To report QHSE performance to head office.
- To implement internal plans on continuous improvement on QHSE projects.
- To accompany internal and external auditors on QHSE matters.
- To liaise with Client representatives as required.
- Attend internal and external meetings to discuss and advise on QHSE matters.
- Assist Camp Managers, Supervisors and all staff in all aspects of QHSE.
- To undertake any other required QHSE actions under the instruction of the QHSE Manager.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject.
- Applicants should have a strong desire to work in Afex’s expanding QHSE Department and be committed to delivering a high level of QHSE performance at our camps.
- Ideally, applicants should have prior experience of QHSE work in one or more areas of health and safety (including fire prevention), environmental control and food hygiene. However, Afex will provide all necessary support, so persons without such experience are also welcome to apply.
- Ideally, persons will be trained and qualified in QHSE work, including NEBOSH, fire prevention, food hygiene, environmental management etc. However, Afex will provide all required training so prior training is not essential.
- Ideally, applicants should have experience of working in catering, hospitality, construction, manufacturing, food manufacture, logistics, camps or other related work. However, Afex will assist persons in their work so persons without such experience are also welcome to apply.
- A willingness and desire to be based in the field and work to Afex’s staff rotation requirements; this would most likely entail working in blocks of 6 to 8 weeks, although this pattern may be changed at short notice.
- A willingness and desire to work in remote and hostile locations.
- Availability to attend the head office in Nairobi or other locations for meetings, training or for work.
- Computer literacy is highly desirable, including work with Microsoft Office.
- Possess well-developed communication, organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a high standard of written and spoken English. Another language appropriate to Afex’s areas of operation is highly desirable.
- High degree of professional integrity and strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team based multi-cultural environment.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules under remote supervision and guidance.
- Ability to follow instructions and work to established procedures.
Applicants meeting the above requirements should send their applications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full details of their qualifications, experience and full contact address including day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and contact details of three referees by Friday, 11th October 2013 to [email protected]
NB: Please include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
268 total views, 1 today