Full-Time Administrator/Bookkeeper Job Vacancy in Kenya
We are a Nairobi-based social enterprise engaging in the production of radically affordable sanitary pads coupled with relevant health information, and the creation of mobile data collection to inform female-centred policy.
We seek a mid-level Administrator/Bookeeper, based in Nairobi, to handle both the full cycle of accounting duties for the Nairobi enterprise and a US Subsidiary, as well as administrative responsibilities.
Duties include -
Bookkeeping (estimate 1 day/week):
- Support the ZanaAfrica Projects to keep all financial records on Quickbooks in USD and KES by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Prepares appropriate financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends including cash flow, balance sheet, and income statements on a monthly and quarterly basis and as requested by clients and partners
- Communicate (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts
- Prepare bi-weekly statements of all bills and payroll for the CEO’s approval
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements for USA and Kenya, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports, advising management on needed actions
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness in the processing of financial information
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assists in the preparation of organization budgets
- Part of team to implement Donor Relationship Strategy (circulate monthly reports on donations received, status of communication, status of tax letter sent, etc)
- Prepare e-newsletters (also per the donor relations strategy)
- Act as first line of responses to inquiries on ZanaAfrica’s website and for volunteers
- Managing diaries and meeting schedules, setting up conference calls where necessary and preparing for in-house meetings
- Managing office tea and lunch schedule including overseeing purchasing
- Monitor office operations including typing, filing and maintaining the record system for soft- and hard-copy files, requisitioning and purchasing supplies
- Minimum of Associates Degree, preferably Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of two to four years in accounting (including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general leger and financial reports in Quickbooks) and administration
- Strong, demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability taking initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns for Kenya. For USA a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, preferably in both English (mandatory) and Kiswahili (preferred)
- Able to keep client matters strictly confidential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skill
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict and sometimes changing deadlines
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Quickbooks (mandatory)
- MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint (mandatory)
- Typing efficiency at min. 40 words/minute (mandatory)
- Use of Salesforce or Zoho or similar Customer Relationship Management
- Use of Mailchimp or Constant Contact
- Google Office Suite (email, scheduling)
On your application please indicate all the software packages with which you are familiar and provide three references.
Resumes/CVs and a cover letter may be sent to jobs at zanaafrica dot org
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
199 total views, 1 today