18 Mar 2013
Abt Associates Massive Vacancies in Kenya
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, seeks qualified candidates for a USAID-funded project, AfyaInfo.
AfyaInfo is 5 year project designed to integrate the multiple Kenyan health information systems into an integrated data warehouse which will serve as the sole source of health information in Kenya.
Brief descriptions and qualification requirements for open positions are listed below.
The Technical Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP/Tech) provides leadership and strategic management oversight for implementation of the project’s technical work under the direction of the project’s Chief of Party (COP).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the COP in setting and pursuing a results oriented program strategy, in consultation with USAID, other partners and stakeholders.
- Provide direct technical leadership, support and oversight to project activities under the project’s key technical areas: health information systems, organizational development/change management, capacity building, data quality assurance, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in identifying and accessing technical resources within and for the project.
- Participate in international technical networks, meetings, and select technical working groups as appropriate to represent the project and ensure collaboration of relevant technical work.
- Manages the production of client- and corporate project-management deliverables and ensures the quality of technical reports.
- Contributes to the project’s M&E and monitors project performance and timelines.
- Supervises senior technical staff members.
- Facilitates collaboration across the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD or Master’s level education in the area of Public Health, Health Informatics or another relevant field of study;
- 10+ years of experience in development program management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
- Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into an efficiently implemented program.
- Previous experience as a DCOP in a large USAID funded project preferred.
Consultant Procurement Specialist
The Consultant Procurement Specialist will work with the Finance and Administrative Manager (F&A), DCOP Operation and Technical staff to provide procurement and logistic support for the procurement of IT equipment for the Afyainfo project.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with F&A to prepare Request for Quotation and assist in developing detailed specifications for procurement of IT equipment.
- Assist in analyzing the bids and evaluating the financial and technical quotations.
- Assist in communicating with vendors during the bid and evaluation process.
- Assist in processing of Purchase requisition.
- Track expected delivery date and effective receipt date of items ordered, make arrangement for delivery of IT equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other related field;
- 10 years’ experience in high level management positions with responsibility for procurement.
- Experience in managing high value procurement; Excellent understanding of managing ICB procurement process;
- Excellent understanding of Kenya Public procurement and Disposal Act 2005;
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
How to apply
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit his/her CV and an application letter that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the desired position to: KenyaJobs@abtassoc.com
In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position for which you are applying.
If you wish to apply for more than one position, please submit separate applications for each position.
Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Interested individuals can learn more about Abt Associates at:www.abtassociates.com
388 total views, 1 today