Location: Kenya (Nairobi) with frequent travel to Somalia
Starting Date: Immediate
Duration of the Contract: 1 year renewable
The purpose of this position is to: provide geopolitical analysis and write high quality security report based on data provided by the Field Operation Specialists team targeting an audience of NGOs; support NGOs during crisis management.
The ability to interact with all parties while maintaining and emphasizing a position of principled political neutrality and operational independence is paramount.
* At least a Bachelor in Journalism, Political Sciences, History, Anthropology or any other equivalent diploma. Master degree preferred.
* 5 years of experience in positions requiring high level information sourcing, processing, and analysis and reporting.
* Minimum 2 years of Somalia experience and proven experience of high quality reports production on the Somali context.
* Previous experience as an NGO or UN Security Focal Point is a strong added advantage
* Previous experience in security (UN, NGO or government institutions) at a management level is an added advantage
* Previous general experience with NGOs is an advantage
* Candidates having a strong journalistic background, strong demonstrated analytical skills, and experience specific to Somalia could be also considered
This is a senior position and a competitive package will be offered.
Please indicate your current remuneration in your submission.
For more information on this position, application procedure and detailed job description please refer to our website: www.somaliangoconsortium.org/ngo-unvacancies.html
Applications should be submitted no later than 12th September, 2011.
Only short-listed applicants will be notified, no phone calls – this will be considered as canvassing.