HHCDO stives to empower communities living in Karachuonyo in terms of their civic responsibilities, economic independence, food security, environmental conservation, public health and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support for a just and equitable society.
The organization is also restructuring and repositioning the Enterprise Division for productivity and growth to take advantage of increasing local demand and improving infrastructure in the region.
We seek to fill the following vacancies and invite qualified, dedicated and self-motivated applicants.
HHCDO is seeking for an experienced procurement officer with a good sound knowledge in procurement / logistics related skills like market surveys, procurement of supplies/works and services, team support, dispatching/receiving of the items with an ability to manage multitasks and independently manage procurement systems and databases.
The position shall have the following KEY responsibilities
- Implement and maintain HHCDO standard practices and procurement procedures.
- In charge of the procurement activities of the Organization
- Apply HHCDO Procurement Policy
- To ensure that all purchased goods are of Organization’s standard and fit for the purpose.
- Establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with suppliers/Service Providers.
- Identify and maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and keep informed of local market conditions.
- Ensure all documents are authorized as per Documents and Authorization sheet requirements and procedures followed
Minimum of a Diploma in procurement/supply-chain-management/Logistics or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible procurement related administrative experience.
- Working skills in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Experience with an NGO is an advantage
- Experience in procurement of medical supplies and construction materials is an advantage
The desired Candidate should be a Kenyan Citizen with at least 25 years of age and possess the following minimum qualification.
- Ensure continuous implementation of the organizations’ policy documents/Finance, Human Resource and Procurement.
- Enforcement of the Internal Control Systems(ICS)
- Validate payment documents to ensure they meet the organizations’ and Donor requirements
- Review Financial Reports before such reports are consumed by Management, Board and Donors.
- Conduct field Audits for Community Programmes
- Undertake Risk Assessment on planned programmes and advice the Board and Management on ways of managing such identified risks.
- In collaboration with Head Finance, assist in the yearly preparation of the organization for the External Audits.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to bring sound decisions
- Good networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Excellent communication and reporting Skills
All applications should be in the form of a single attachment containing both the cover letter, and CV Only (in MS Word or PDF format)
Homa Hills strives to provide the space and encourages all staff to be innovative and think beyond their Job Descriptions to create opportunities for themselves and the organization
The Chief Executive Officer
Homa Hills Community Development Organization
P.O. Box 760-40300,