January 2, 2014
Opportunity Kenya Ltd is a microfinance institution with operations in Nairobi, Western, Nyanza and Rift Valley provinces of Kenya, and is seeking qualified applicants for a Compliance Officer Position.
Reporting to the Risk and Compliance Manager, The Compliance Officer will be responsible for identifying areas within our operational network which require top management attention and/or resolution.
- Conduct compliance checks of branches and institution functions to ensure that all company systems, policies and procedures are being complied with, and make recommendations to the management for improvement.
- Confirm account balances with clients where necessary.
- Analyze performance reports and inform the management about potential high risk areas
- Confirming the accuracy and timely input of data entered in the banking application (eMerge)
- Report to the Risk and Compliance Manager in due time all the issues or non-compliance identified
- Conduct branch and client visits when required, in order to verify authenticity of client information and loan disbursement amounts, including amounts in arrears if any.
- Verify monitoring visits conducted by loan officers, loan supervisors, managers, area managers and other staff.
- Participate to branch or other departments activities as observer in order to verify compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain good, up to date knowledge of all policies and procedures in the organization
- Recommend any improvements in the compliance department policies and procedures
- Perform Risk self assessment on a regular basis as required by the Risk and Compliance Manager
- Monitor how the delinquency management procedures are being followed and report on any non-compliance issues
The work requires a significant amount of document and data verification within office premises and in the field.
To achieve a high level of performance, he/she should be a resourceful individual and exhibit a high level of integrity and objectivity.
He/she maybe assigned to work anywhere in Kenya within short notice.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Administration, social sciences and related fields
- Relevant experience in microfinance
- Physical stamina to do regular field work
- Resourcefulness and tact
- IT, numeric and interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills
- Very detailed, good analytical skills
Qualified candidates are invited to send their application letters, an up-to-date CV, telephone contact, copies of academic and professional certificates and names and telephone contacts for three current referees to the Human Resource Manager by Friday 3rd January 2014.
Please indicate your current salary in your application.
Please use the following address:
The Human Resource Manager
Opportunity Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19497-00202
or send application to email@example.com