July 31, 2013
Vacancy: General Manager
Our client in the Marketing and Advertising Industry is looking for a General Manager who will report to the Managing Director.
The company develops Marketing campaigns for clients through TV, radio, print, billboards, music, merchandising, events and other awareness campaigns.
Second to the Directors, the General Manager will have the overall responsibility to make sure that the business in running profitably.
He/she must be able to bring in revenues and ensure profitable operation of the business.
The GM will be overall responsible for sales and marketing, managing a team, operations, financial management as well as research and development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The GM will be responsible for business development. Through a team, the GM will ensure that effective marketing and sales activities win the agency new clients locally and regionally.
- Responsible for business operations by determining the roles that are necessary in the business and finding the right teams for the roles.
- Ensuring that teams and individuals are working efficiently, harmoniously and productively.
- Ensuring that the agency attracts and retains qualified, creative, responsible and motivated people.
- Ensure the finances are managed strictly and prudently to ensure a healthy cash flow and balance sheet.
- Keep abreast with Industry developments around the world and develop strategies to remain relevant with changing products, trends, ideas, consumer needs and habits, tools and resources.
- High level networking and interaction with clients and potential clients.
- Must have excellent understanding of strategy and strategy execution
- A very good understanding of business development
- Industry experience will be a big advantage. That would include PR, Advertising, Branding, Design, Marketing, Market Research and any other Creative Industry
- Must have at least 8 years experience in a management position leading productive teams and in charge of significant aspects of operations
- Must have a track record of running a profitable unit or department with sales or revenue management responsibilities
- Must have a strong background of managing, developing and inspiring teams
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with focus on business management. An MBA or equivalent will be a definite advantage
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Very strong Customer focus
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 Aug 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.