October 19, 2013
Position Title: Deputy Chief Executive Officer / Head of Programs
Supervised By: Chief Executive Officer
Organization: Kenya NGO Alliance Against Malaria (KeNAAM) is a Network of Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Faith Based Organizations (FBO), Community Based Organization working on advocacy, community social mobilization for scaling up of malaria interventions in Kenya.
KeNAAM endeavors to pool resources together through its elaborate networks towards preventing, controlling and reducing socio-economic burden due to malaria. KeNAAM’s vision is “a malaria free Kenya”
Summary: Deputizes the CEO of KeNAAM and is responsible for providing strategic leadership in design and effective implementation of KeNAAM’s programs, mobilization and prudent use of resources, creation and maintenance of an enabling working environment, and ensuring an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Program Management
- Relationship Management
- Resource Mobilization
- Quality Assurance and Learning
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- General Management and Administration
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Master’s degree in Public Health or any other relevant field in Health.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Post graduate diploma in project management, monitoring and evaluation or development studies or related field.
- Knowledge in financial and resource management.
- Strong skills in monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Knowledge in Community Health Systems Strengthening (CHSS).
- Experience in with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CAs, and donor organizations.
- Experience in managing complex relationships and competing relationships ( e.g. local administrators, grassroots partners and governorship )
- Strong analytical, communication, dynamic thinking and result oriented skills.
- Experience in change management
- Must demonstrate outstanding leadership and strategic management abilities.
- Must have good negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial and the ability to innovate
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume of a maximum 4 pages and a cover letter indicating their current and expected salary to: email@example.com
Include “DEPUTY C.E.O – [Your name]” in the subject line.
No telephone inquires please.
Closing date: 8th November 2013 at 5:00 pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.