Introduction: INADES Formation Kenya (IFK) is implementing two sister projects titled; “strengthening and empowering Rural communities for participatory Climate Change adaptation” abbreviated as SEPCCA. This project is being implemented through partners.
The second project is titled “enhancing the resilience of communities to adapt to the adverse effects of climate change on their food security”, abbreviated as ERCACC.
This second project is being implemented directly with tow field staff undergoing one year internship. These are ongoing projects both ending in December 2014.
The projects are being implemented in Makueni, Machakos, Kitui and Tharaka Nithi counties.
The projects focus is increasing the resilience and adaptation of target communities to climate variability and its effects on food security and environment.
This involves adopting practices that enable the identified vulnerable target group to protect their existing food security systems, diversify their sources of income, change their livelihood strategies and adopt sustainable environmental management practices.
IFK is seeking to recruit one project officer to be in charge of the two projects.
The period of engagement shall be between March 2014 and December 2014.
The contract is renewable on successful fundraising.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- At least a university degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science / Studies or their equivalent.
- At least five years working experience for non-profit organization/s in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Climate Change Adaptation, Natural Resource Management as well as soil and water management
- Demonstrated experience in working with local implementing partners and consortiums
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Kamba language will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent Coordination and organizational skills
- Proven track record on fundraising skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player.
- Driving competence shall be an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities
These positions shall entail:
- Overall in charge of the projects hence their performance
- Ensuring that the participating collaborators Governments, NGOs and other collaborators as well as communities appreciate the goal of the project and have appropriate strategies and work plans
- Designing appropriate tools for monitoring progress in the implementation of the projects and ensuring that they are used
- Ensuring compliance with donor guidelines and regulations
- Frequently providing work plans, budgets and financial forecasts for the projects
- Coordination of project activities in the different projects sites
- Realization of set targets/results and impact by participating communities
- Constantly consulting and updating the programs coordinator/Team animator as well as the managing director
- Preparing periodic project reports and sharing with the team and the partners
- Building in Mechanisms for sustainability for the project among participating communities
- Nurturing and strengthening team spirit in the organization
- Periodically liaising with the Chief of administration and Finance (CAF) for the project cash flows
- Ensuring projects effects continuity and multiplication by establishing partnerships and collaborations as well as writing proposals for sustained implementation of project activities in the current and new sites.
- Fundraising for the next phase of the program
- Performing any other duty as shall be assigned by the IFK Management.
Reports to: The successful candidate shall be reporting to the program coordinator.
How to Apply
Application letters and Curriculum vitae are expected to reach the IFK Managing Director by latest 13th of February 2014, 1700 hours by either email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by hand delivery.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.