Tullow is looking for you!
Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100.
We provide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy.
Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on.
Tullow Oil is seeking a talented, self motivated, proactive and skilled indivdudal of high personal integrity to fill the following position:
- As the key field based representative for community and local government engagement activities, the Community Liaison Officer will manage and coordinate the day to day execution of community based activities according to business requirements and applicable policies and guidelines.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Undertake active community engagement in order to obtain and sustain the social license and enable smooth implementation of operations
- Actively seek feedback from the community, provide business insights and advise the community on issues and trends within the community that may affect operations
- Develop and maintain close networks with local, county and sub county leadership
- Develop and sustain an effective two way communication network between Tullow and Local Authorities
- Support permitting and compensation aspects in the areas of operation as may be required
- Engage with local stakeholders and Local Authorities regarding Community Development Projects and their implementation
- Submit daily activities reports to line manager or his/her designate
- Carry out sensitisation campaigns to educate the local communities on Tullow’s activities on the ground
- Five years previous experience working within a community relations/ development role
- Experience in the management of grievances and grievances management systems
- Ability to develop and implement strategies (including key stakeholder engagement) to secure desired outcomes and support objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex information into strong, easily delivered messages, including the ability to influence, inspire confidence and build trust at all levels
- Fluency in Dholuo is essential
Applications should be sent to:
P.O Box 6416,