The British Council is UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations.
We build trust and understanding between people worldwide by enabling them to share ideas and knowledge.
The Finance Manager will provide management leadership on Financial Planning, Financial Management and Accounting processes in the Education and Society SBU.
The role will be accountable to the Commercial Manager and will be accountable for ensuring efficient and effective day to day running of financial systems and processes, proper vendor and SAP set up and payment process, and ensuring compliance with corporate planning, risks management and other reporting deadlines.
Key areas of responsibility for the Nairobi based position are:
- Ensuring that financial plans are accurately represented on SAP according to required deadlines
- Ensuring that corporate deadlines around treasury, banking, cashflow, risk management are met
- Developing professional relationships and networks with stakeholders such as Corporate Finance, Regional Finance, Audit amongst others
- Coordination of risk management processes, quality review of inputs and consolidation of inputs
- Facilitating access to financial reports and other management information
The ideal candidate will possess a professional accounting qualification, a st degree in any discipline will be an added advantage, Financial and Management, Accounting and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in comparable roles, along with Business Management, Relationship Building and Influencing skills. The post holder may be required to occasionally travel within the region.
Applicants who meet the essential requirements of the post should visit http://www.britishcouncil.co.ke/jobs and follow the instructions in the How do I apply section
The British Council is also committed to a Child Protection Policy: applications will be considered only for candidates who declare their agreement to the policy.
Deadline for receiving applications is 10th March 2014.
Please disclose your current package in your application.
Only candidates who are successful during short-listing will be contacted.
British Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer