A large technology service company is seeking a Computer Science graduate to work in software support and development.
The primary responsibility of the Software Engineer will be to deliver software installation, configuration and problem resolution services to clients as well as develop solutions for financial self service, payments and retail.
Key duties will include:
- Installing and configuring software products on a variety of platforms including computers, ATMs, kiosks and others.
- Troubleshooting installation, configuration or operation problems.
- Collecting and analyzing customer problem reports, log files and other information to isolate the problem to a specific area of hardware or software.
- Using available systems, tools and resources to resolve problems.
- Ownership of reported customer problems up to resolution either by resolving personally or escalating to others.
- Design, development and documentation of software to enhance existing solution offerings or to meet specific customer needs.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with clients and meeting their needs in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate should have:
- .Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of Windows operating systems.
- Ability and proven experience developing applications with C/C+ +, Visual Basic,.Net, SQL Server, Oracle database.
- Experience with software design, development and implementation including defining functional requirements and operational needs, coding/programming, testing and writing technical documentation.
- Strong analytical mind, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good written and oral English.
- Experience with financial industry applications and systems will be an advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Only applications submitted before 7 March 2014 will be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.