Site Acquisition Officer
A leading multi-national company in the wholesale Telecommunications infrastructure provision market, who provide a focused range of services, in the East and Central African region, delivering sustainable value to customers, is looking to fill the role of Site Acquisition Officer
The position holder is responsible for the effective handling of site acquisition for Telecom infrastructure business and negotiation with the different stakeholders in the telecommunication industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Resource and Process Management
- Manage the Right Of Way (ROW) acquisition process
- Performing all aspects of the Site Acquisition process after site identification and qualification by Identify which Requisite Consents need to be acquired in a particular route including, Roads’ authorities, Railways, Local councils, Private Land, Other service providers and NEMA
- Manage subcontractors to obtain all necessary way leaves
- Regulatory compliance (County Government and other relevant authorities )
- Daily interaction with the Projects and Legal personnel to ensure compliance with all clients, landlord, jurisdictional, governmental and industry standards and site acceptance by the respective authorities
- Follow up way-leave payments with the financial department to ensure timely way leave acquisition
- Payment collection co-ordination with the local authorities County Council and KeNHA, Ministry of Public Works, KURA,
- Liaise with the Commercial, Planning, Implementation and Legal department in negotiation of Lease, Amendment, License, Right-of-Way and/or Easement Agreements with property owners.
- Liaises with the Legal team to ensure the availability of the correct documents and contracts in place with all property managers and other stakeholders
Information and Data Base Management
- Avail reports to the respective teams and site information for existing and upcoming sites.
- Handling of Key emerging/emergency issues in site acquisition
- Sorting out all Site related issues that may emerge e.g. non-payment, electricity disconnection and access issues.
Automation of Site management
- In collaboration with IT, sales, Finance and legal team, as the key resource, come up with a full automated system that can show all the site details and help give detailed view and be a critical point of reference for all contract negotiations
- Graduate from recognized University
- 2 yrs Experience preferably as a housing agent or an estates manager
- Experience in procurement
- Close Relationship with Local Authorities especially Nairobi County Council
- Knowledge and understanding real estate business and property law
- Strong communication skill.
Skills and Competencies
- Time management
- People management
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation & Facilitation Skills
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com (Indicating on the Subject Line the Job Title)before close of business 27th March 2014.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.