UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Expression of Interest No. 03/02/2014
Closing Date: 27th February 2014
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Head of Programme and the Head of Programme Support, the Senior Programme Assistant reports to the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Somalia Country Office.
- Analyze and present monitoring findings based on project/Programme objectives and information needs and related to Programme implementation issues; Follow-up with WFP Somalia Area Offices (AOs) for corrective measures;
- Prepare statistics for regular M&E reporting;
- Support and build capacity in the AOs on data analysis;
- Undertake field visits to AOs in order to address M&E reporting issues, provide on-going training and capacity building of field based staff;
- Assess project performance including utilization of resources and achievement of planned targets;
- Analyze all check lists /data entered from AOs , follow up on incomplete and inconsistent check list data;
- Maintain the M&E data base;
- Monitor, update and track M&E data related projects , inform the relevant units accordingly and ensure accuracy;
- Support the development and implementation of the beneficiary feedback desk;
- Evaluate, develop and recommend M&E procedures;
- Participate in discussions on new and revised procedures and practices;
- Assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow-up actions;
- Carry out advocacy and information related tasks for project/ Programme activities such as making interventions and presentations in meetings, workshops, seminars and missions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to WFP programmatic activities. A degree in Social Sciences, accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations, agriculture, international affairs, business administration, international development or fields related to food assistance and food security or other related field will be an added advantage.
Experience: At least 5 years of progressive responsible experience of which at least 1 year was closely related to the programme functions. At least 1 year at the G5 level or equivalent. Professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, reporting and/or performance measurement; familiarity with WFP monitoring data and process is an asset.
Language: Fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement. Fluency in Somali language is preferable.
Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Knowledge of MS Access is desirable.
Applicants to fill P11 (http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc) and send by email to: HR-SOM@wfp.org