Engineer – Signalling
Ref: TECHOLOGY-ES-FEB 2014
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Core Network – the holder of the position will ensure /oversee optimal configurations of the Signaling Network to offer best quality of service to Safaricom Customers.
The key responsibilities will include among others, Optimization of the signaling Nodes within Core Network; Acceptance of the New Signaling Nodes; Core Network signaling Fault management and Integration of New Signaling nodes.
- Proactively works within the team to optimize the operational performance of Signaling infrastructure and ensure maximum availability of services;
- Be the team lead in solving Signaling faults;
- Optimization of the network in accordance with the Configuration Best Practices;
- Carryout quality related investigations and implement the corrective measures;
- Organize, supervise and document disaster recovery tests;
- Oversee accurate execution and closure of Signaling network changes;
- Carry our Impact analysis of all Signaling network changes;
- Check and approve implementation of configuration changes in the signaling network to accommodate business needs;
- Work closely with planning & strategy team in scoping and design of new signaling network Elements;
- Transfer knowledge to Engineers;
- Build internal and external relationships with key customers and suppliers to deliver continuous quality solutions to business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Information Technology from a recognized university;
- At least 3 years work experience on Signaling in a telecommunication environment either support or planning role;
- Experience in Fault resolution by analysis of various trends and data from interfacing systems;
- Experience in SS7 /Sigtran and Diameter routing;
- Knowledge of IP Routing is an added advantage;
- Knowledge on SBC/SIP.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Wednesday 5th March 2014.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,