Electrical & Electronics Engineer
Job Ref: HR-EE-02-2014
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, electronics and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda, and seeks to consolidate this position by recruiting an Electronics and Electrical Engineer for our Production Department.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Engineer will be expected to deliver on operational and technical requirements in accordance with quality standards.
Key result areas will include:-
- Annual planning and execution of maintenance tasks;
- Supervision of service level providers on equipment and maintenance;
- Problem solving during breakdowns promptly and solving problems at the shortest time; and
- Installing and commissioning of new equipment including hardware and software.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:-
- B.Sc. Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from a recognized university;
- At least 3 years relevant work experience gained from a reputable organization preferably in a busy production plant or print shop;
- Knowledge of personal computers hardware and software and LAN experience;
- Knowledgeable in applying best practice in print production;
- Demonstrable capability to fit in and contribute within a technical and professional team; and
- Ability to cope with pressure, work odd hours while adhering to tight deadlines.
This position offers and excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
Managing Editor, Nairobi News
Job Ref: HR-ME-02-2014
Nation Media Group is also recruiting a Managing Editor for its newest newspaper title, the Nairobi News.
Targeted at the Nairobi resident, Nairobi News is a thrice-weekly newspaper with a lively mix of news, features and commentaries accompanied by a dynamic news website and mobile news service.
This position is for an experienced journalist with an outstanding record as a reporter or sub-editor.
He or she will have a track record of leading newsroom teams, an ability to manage stories and oversee production of pages and will boast a solid network of news sources in Nairobi County.
If you consider yourself a Nairobi native at heart and can capture the drama of life in Kenya’s largest county in a compelling newspaper package, you are the person we are looking for.
You will have a university degree or post-graduate qualification in journalism and must have worked in a busy newsroom for over six years.
Please send your application and a detailed CV online to Human Resources at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 13th February, 2014.