Seeking: Monitoring, Evaluation and Information Officer
Do you want to make a difference in Somalia?
Do you enjoy photography and writing?
Do you enjoy travel and adventure?
Would you like to join a dynamic team working on Peace and development in Somalia please read on?
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Monitoring, Evaluation (M&E) and Information Officer.
As our Monitoring, Evaluation and Information Officer you will be responsible for handling the program’s Monitoring, Evaluation and information needs and programming. In high profile, high pressure environments, quick results reporting are expected.
In addition to compiling appropriate reporting on program status and impact, including regular reports, success stories, press releases, and ad hoc reports on how the program responds to particular issues, the position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travels to the project areas in Somalia.
You will assist the M&E and information Manager; prepare project reports, document activities and any other ad-hoc assignment as given.
You must be able to work under pressure.
Qualifications and Skills Sought:
- University degree in Mass Communication, English Language/Literature or other appropriate field, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of experience in international development.
- Familiar with activity and grant reporting methods and systems.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suites.
- Experience with deadline-driven writing assignments.
- Experience in media, multimedia reporting, political journalism, and political analysis required.
- English and Somali language fluency required.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
(1) a CV
(2) Three writing samples (English only) and
(3) References from three past supervisors
Closing date: Sunday February 16, 2014.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly put the subject line as “Monitoring, Evaluation and Information Officer” anyone who do not put the title in the subject line will not be evaluated.