HSE Manager (Petroleum Transportation) Tanzania
Abood Group of Companies based in Morogoro, Tanzania is currently seeking a HSE Manager to join the transport division.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing HSE management systems and procedures for the transport and logistics department which is operating over 250 heavy trucks transporting petroleum products and general cargo to neighboring countries including DRC, Uganda and Burundi.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical Expertise and leadership on HSE matters within the transport division.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority the HSE Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
Provide HES management support to the Logistics Manager to ensure HES activities are effectively managed in the Transport Division.
- Prepare, promote and support the implementation of the HES Management System, Procedures and Standards.
- Ensures Logistics team adhere to Company and regulatory HES standards and guidelines.
- Initiate and chair monthly meetings of the Logistics HES Leadership Steering Committee.
- Conduct on-site risk assessments and mitigation where applicable.
- HES reporting of incidents at Project Logistics’ operational locations.
- Manage, train and supervise Logistics HES personnel, drivers through an expert knowledge of the Project’s HES standards, programs and goals.
- Provides guidance, assistance and advice through interpretation of Project HES practices and procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations.
- Develops, customizes, and supervises the implementation of HES programs, including project HES orientation, recognition and awards programs to Logistics staff to ensure a balance between productivity and the safety of Project staff and visitors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Supervises the monitoring of HES metrics in order to provide recommendations to HES management, when necessary, to meet established HES standards and goals.
- Oversees the collection, protection and data storage related to Project Logistics incidents that may result in litigation.
- Supervises the preparation, maintenance, retrieval, and communication of records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring the application of HES standards and goals.
- Manage and maintain Project Logistics’ HES-related records and documents.
- Coordinate interviews, briefings, safety moments etc for the Project Logistics Team.
- Attend, as required, meetings coordinated by the Project Safety Committee.
- Promote and ensure compliance of all aspects of Behaviour Based Safety (BBS).
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Acts as the Incident and Injury-Free (IIF) program leader for the Logistics Department and promote an incident-free culture.
- Participate in introducing the HSE Program to all new employees within the team.
- Indoctrinate all new contractors in the objectives of the HSE Program and maintain records for all participants who have attended HSE training.
- Ensure that Safety Audits are conducted within their area of responsibility and that any open items are resolved.
- Education: An understanding of Transportation of petroleum products (Compulsory).
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Preferably 5+ years of background in Oil transportation (Compulsory)
- Experience: Ten (10) years of HES related experience.
Qualified candidates may submit their application by sending a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest via e-mail to email@example.com under the reference Application for HSE Manager (Petroleum Transportation)