UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. VA-003/2014 (Position No. 14-0014916)
Post Title: Logistics Assistant – Landside Transport Instruction (LTI) Roster
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC5
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: One Year (Initial)
Closing Date: 26th February 2014
Organizational background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, relief and emergency school feeding, while also supporting humanitarian air and logistics services, food security coordination and infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan nationals only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare monthly initial allocation plan for fair distribution of food commodities on areas as assigned by the supervisor;
- Post daily dispatches of WFP food and non-food commodities (NFIs) in the corporate system, monitor the correct use and quantity as per loading orders;
- Create and complete, accurate landside transport instruction (LTIs) used to uplift food commodities out of WFP warehouses;
- Maintain a reliable filing system that will facilitate retrieval of information for all correspondences i.e. LTIs, Food Release Notes (FRNs), Shipping documents and other logistics data;
- Ensure food LTIs are produced electronically using COMPAS system and manual use of LTI books for NFI movements;
- Prepare and maintain FRN tracking sheet, produce daily dispatch reports and share with the relevant departments;
- Monitor and report on WFP food stocks in WFP warehouses and prepare weekly stock reports;
- Provide day-to-day reports on the progress and movements of WFP shipments (by land, sea, or air);
- Perform any other duty as requested by the immediate supervisor.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to transport, logistics, economics or business administration.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible support experience including atleast two years in the field of finance, accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations, administrative services or related fields and at least one year at G4 level or equivalent.
Language: Fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement.
- Training and/or experience using MS PowerPoint and other WFP standard software packages and systems.
- Knowledge of WFP manuals in the area of work, WFP administrative regulations and rules and WFP policies would be desirable.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
Note: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.