Kenya Youth Empowerment Project Vacancies
The Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA), the umbrella body for the Private Sector in Kenya, has been tasked by the Government of Kenya with the implementation of Training and Internship Component of the Kenya Youth Empowerment Project (KYEP).
KYEP is a Government of Kenya Project funded by the World Bank with an overall objective of increasing employability of youth in Kenya.
The Component provides training, private sector internships and work experience to youth of 15 – 29 years of age.
KEPSA is seeking to appoint two staff to support implementation of the project for a duration of ten (10) months initially.
Training Officer, Nairobi
Ref. No: TO – 001-2014
The Training officer will report to the Kenya Private Sector Alliance, KYEP Project Director.
The officer will be expected to prepare, Monthly and quarter training reports or any other report on a need to need basis.
Main function: The Training officer is responsible for all aspects regarding the provision of trainings within Training and Internship Component of the Kenya Youth Empowerment Project.
Specific Duties and responsibilities
Specifically, the training officer will be responsible for;
- Coordinating all the training activities for KYEP by ensuring the training consultants are adequately prepared to deliver the various trainings in every cycle and that the training is provided to a high, continuously improving standard.
- Conducting technical review meetings with the training providers after every training cycle to ensure lessons learnt are incorporated in the subsequent cycle.
- Reviewing third party training plans and timetables for every cycle and advise the Project Director for approval before commencement of training
- Reviewing all third party training reports and act or advise on the necessary actions
- Advising the procurement officer on contract management aspects regarding trainings and clearing payments in collaboration with procurement officer after receiving all agreed deliverables
- Monitoring quality and content of trainings provided and providing feedback to the KYEP Project Director
- Developing Interns stipend payee Lists using the Management Information System (MIS) established at KEPSA during third party trainings
- Supporting Review of curriculum and training materials after every cycle.
- Supporting M&E team as needed in assessment of trainings and using the results of these assessments to improve the quality and delivery of the subsequent trainings.
- Ensuring training attendance for the various trainings are timely uploaded ¡n the existing MIS for effective monitoring of all training aspects within the pilot project
- Maintain accurate training documents, including all actions taken and facilitate all audit reviews
- Documenting lessons learned from the delivery of the trainings for KEPSA management and the Government of Kenya
- Acting as a point of contact for KEPSA on all training aspects
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Project Director
Minimum Qualifications and experience
The Training officer will be expected to have sound Training, consultancy knowledge and experience.
- A minimum of University degree in Education; Social Sciences or Business-related field
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good command of Computer Programs and Applications
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in the provision and evaluation of training, specifically skills development, life skills training and entrepreneurship training
- Experience in Training Consultancy and contract management, a plus
- Excellent analytical, report writing and organizational skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills and a team player
Assistant Project Officer – Kisumu
Ref. No: APO-002-2014
Reporting to the Project Officer – Kisumu, the Assistant Project Officer Kisumu will perform the following duties:
Main Function: The Assistant Project Officer will assist the Project Officer, Kisumu in running all the project operations in Kisumu by providing technical, administrative, logistical and clerical support.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting the respective Project Officer in the following areas:
- Recruitment, selection, placement and follow up of interns;
- Recruitment of employers and providing support to them
- Monitoring and evaluation of all training and internship project activities in Kisumu;
- Planning and coordinating meetings and seminars with various stakeholders; including employers meetings and intern orientation meetings;
- Support the Project Officer in coordinating the Call for Youth and communications with other PMU staff;
- Liaising with the Sub County Youth Development Officer in their respective areas;
- Providing administrative support the Project Officer with regards to financial management, preparation of annual work plans and reports and payments of stipends;
- Data entry and data management; Continuous input and update of information on the MIS;
- Ensuring proper collection and filling for all the project documents and information;
- Managing correspondence, office equipment’s and updating the relevant records;
- Attending to walk-in visitors;
- Requisitioning, safe custody and managing office supplies and update the relevant registers;
- Management of casuals engaged as per the laid down policies;
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The Assistant Project officer will be expected to possess the following minimum academic qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of University degree in Social Sciences or Business-related field
- At least three (3) years project management experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with youth employment projects will be an added advantage
- Good command of Computer Programs and Applications.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and works well with others
- Demonstrate ability to multitask.
- Excellent data management, report writing and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Familiarity with youth work in Kisumu is an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are requested to submit their detailed CVs along with a letter motivating their interest in the position to the following address and providing details of current and expected remuneration, and the names and addresses of at least three (3) referees, not later than 12th March 2014.
Please consider your application to be unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Kenya Private Sector Alliance
P.O Box 3556 – 00100,
Kenya Private Sector Alliance
P.O Box 3556 – 00100,
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org