Immediate Supervisor: Head of Claims
The position is responsible for ensuring there is an efficient claims management process in Claims Department (Non-Legal section) to the expected quality standards and within the Company’s service level benchmarks.
Specific focus will be efficient and effective management of claims in respect of the set budget as well as efficiency
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure applicable claims are reported accurately and timely to reinsurance Section as required by procedure.
- Verify claim facts, determine policy coverage and review insurance contracts.
- Ensure in-depth, investigation of actual claims through direct or indirect contact with policyholders, claimants, investigators, attorneys, etc.
- Ensure all claims reported are processed expeditiously, within the company’s performance benchmarks.
- Recommend for approval appropriate reserves on files within the set guidelines and monitor the utilization of the distributed reserve.
- Coordinate efforts among staff and other parties to achieve timely, equitable disposition of claims handled in the Claims Department.
- Review performance of service providers, and advise management where corrective action is required.
- Prepare for management, reports on outstanding claims, on weekly, monthly and annual basis, or as may be required from time to time.
- Review, monitor and provide technical expertise to staff and ensure that there is systematic and adequate on job training.
- Monitor benchmarks and have working knowledge of Expense and Payment controls, Large Losses, Staffing and Performance Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Full ACII Qualification
- 6 years of professional experience two of which should be in Middle Management
- Knowledge Claims Management/handling
- Knowledge of underwriting
How to Apply
If you have the required professional and academic qualifications and are interested in the position, kindly send us your Application/Resume to email@example.com by Friday, 7th March 2014 indicating the job title as the subject of your email.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”