This program is in collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. It involves conducting research and program support for activities related to TB, malaria, HIV and other infectious diseases. The program has the following vacancy in the International Emerging Infections Program (IEIP).
Position: Data Analyst (2 positions) (MR 9)
Reports To: Data Manager.
The data analyst’s position requires the incumbent to perform various data management, processing and analysis functions for the IEIP program in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Bsc. Degree in Statistics, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in a busy data processing, management and analysis field.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience of at least one statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, SPSS) and database software (SQL Server 2005, Ms Access) especially longitudinal relationalized database management system.
- Experience in managing and ensuring data quality.
- Experience working with any electronic data collection systems in clinical settings will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use STATA in data analysis
- Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of study goals and its implementation.
- Must have strong self-motivation and ability to work in a team, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn additional development skills and strategies on the job and be able to apply these.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- High qualities of public relations and able to work with little or no supervision
Specific duties and responsibilities
The data analyst will be required to;
- Be involved in data downloading and uploading from mobile devices such as PDAs, Netbooks and Smartphones.
- Participate in design of data collection tools
- Participate in data retrieval, analysis and interpretation
- Collate, query and clean data coming in from the field sites including flagging out inconsistencies and/or errors arising from data obtained from the field as part of routine data checks
- Perform various data manipulations and analyses
- Work with other team members and investigators on various analyses as requested
- Ability to produce reports and generate tables as needed
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned by their supervisor
- Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Letters of reference from your referees
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Terms of Employment: 1(one) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within the relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications are due no later than: 7th March 2014 to: Human Resource Manager, KEMRI/CDC Program, P.O. Box 1578, Kisumu. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or log into our web
KEMRI/CDC is an equal opportunity employer; women and disabled Persons are encouraged to apply. KEMRI/CDC and does not charge a Fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application,
Interview meeting and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, Report such request immediately TO 0704-414 324.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted