IT Security Specialist
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Security, the Security specialist will be responsible for safeguarding information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual information systems security threats thought the KCB network.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of electronic threats, including malware, viruses and other Internet-based attacks
- Participate in security design and monitoring of operating system and application security, and recommend solutions to achieve business needs.
- Provide access control permissions and rights to the various IT system applications
- Review logical rights & permissions to system access on a quarterly basis with business heads
- Harden the various operating, application and database systems.
- Carryout risk assessment and advice management on potential risks during new system implementation and business process re-engineering
- Carryout core banking system security functionalities including but not limited to user management
- Ability to perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, utilizing tools commercial and open source tools
- Conduct penetration testing in line with Open Web application Security project
- Monitor audit logs of applications, operating systems and databases
For the above position, the successful applicants should have: -
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related field from a recognized university
- A post graduate qualification in a related field will be an added advantage
- Certification on any of CISM,CISSP, CCNA , CISA ,CASP, GIAC
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in Active Directory management, IT Security on operating systems and databases (Oracle, SQL, Unix)
- Working knowledge on network security and relevant network devices
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of broad range of MS Windows servers and desktops operating systems.
- Wide knowledge of web application security.
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills.
- Demonstrate an In-Depth Analysis of Vulnerability assessment and management
- Excellent problem analysis and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of various Banking operations
- Superb customer service and willingness to travel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning, organizing, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Initiative, self-drive and open minded
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to; email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by Feb. 28, 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Ref: IT 07/2014