Web / Graphic Designer & Developer Internship
Description: Diwecs Business Solutions is looking for an intern interested in learning to design and develop content for the Internet.
The intern will conceptualize, design, and create mock-ups for specific client requests from small enhancements to entirely new website designs.
The intern will collaborate with the online marketing team to design functional and usable designs utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite of products on a PC or Mac.
The intern will be able to read and write project requirements, detailed design documents, wireframes and other project requirement documents.
- Review and evaluate existing website designs and look for ways to improve them
- Take project requirements and create new website design templates and website elements utilizing Photoshop
- Code basic HTML by hand and/or with the use of Adobe Dreamweaver
- Design and develop websites from scratch using Content management systems
- Limited copywriting and editing of website content for SEO optimization
- File Management including naming conventions, folder organization and file migrations
- Learn website hosting concepts and multi-server development environments
- Create new and edit existing CSS files to achieve web page design goals
- Design web advertisements, banner ads, and corporate identities to match look and feel of brands
- Potential to work with some Flash and video elements
- Learn project and task management processes
- A recognized first degree in Design, Digital Design, Interactive Design, Fine Art, Computer Science, Information Technology or related major
- Strong passion for digital art and graphic design
- Desire to learn about e-commerce industry and internet marketing
- Proficient in Content management systems e.g. Joomla, WordPress and Drupal.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Have a sense of humor and be really creative
- Ability to work independently with minimum or no supervision, in a collaborative team environment
Duration: Approx. three to six months with possible work duration extension based on performance.
What we Offer for You: The internship has a small fee monthly stipend, but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience.
An internship in the digital design field is a great way to get a jump-start on your career and gain tangible working knowledge.
Your experience at Diwecs Business Solutions will enhance your resume as well as provide a platform for launching a successful career in computer and web design.
If you feel you have what it takes, kindly send your application letter, CV and motivation letter.
The start date is immediate upon hire, and applications will be accepted until the mentioned date.
Please direct questions to – REGISTER AND APPLY ONLINE BELOW
Diwecs Business Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Women are highly encouraged to apply.