Over the last 50 years of operation in Kenya, the client has experienced tremendous growth both in customer numbers and asset base.
You will also be responsible for timely preparation of financial statements and special reports to support Management and Board decisions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be expected to;
- Develop and implement prudent financial plans in the Finance department to minimize financial risks in the organization
- Contribute to the implementation of company strategic policies together with other department heads
- Manage the complete finance function including statutory accounting, management reporting, tax returns, budgeting based on international standards as well as audits.
- Ensure relevant internal financial control systems are in place in all accounting and financial related functions in the company;
- Facilitate negotiations with banks and manage various banking agreements and relationships;
- Develop and maintain sound internal control procedures, and implement an efficient and timely financial reporting system
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports including income, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Liaise with other departments to ensure organizational goals and objectives are met
- Align the operations of the finance department with the appropriate technology to increase operational efficiency
- Update the management team regarding changes in legislations or regulations that may affect the business operations and ensure that all statutory legal financial obligations are met on
- Manage the finance department by establishing and implementing department goals and provide guidance and training to the finance team
- Business degree majoring in Finance or Accounting with a professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and progressive experience in a senior position preferably in the insurance Industry.
- Sound knowledge of financial management and accounting procedures.
- Proven analytical skills-ability to interpret or generate all types of financial data and financial reports and statements.
- Demonstrable leadership ability with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.