Introduction: INADES Formation Kenya (IFK) is implementing two sister projects titled; “strengthening and empowering Rural communities for participatory Climate Change adaptation” abbreviated as SEPCCA. This project is being implemented through partners.
The projects focus is increasing the resilience and adaptation of target communities to climate variability and its effects on food security and environment.
IFK is seeking to recruit one project officer to be in charge of the two projects.
- At least a university degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science / Studies or their equivalent.
- At least five years working experience for non-profit organization/s in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Climate Change Adaptation, Natural Resource Management as well as soil and water management
- Demonstrated experience in working with local implementing partners and consortiums
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Kamba language will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent Coordination and organizational skills
- Proven track record on fundraising skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player.
- Driving competence shall be an added advantage.
- Overall in charge of the projects hence their performance
- Ensuring that the participating collaborators Governments, NGOs and other collaborators as well as communities appreciate the goal of the project and have appropriate strategies and work plans
- Designing appropriate tools for monitoring progress in the implementation of the projects and ensuring that they are used
- Ensuring compliance with donor guidelines and regulations
- Frequently providing work plans, budgets and financial forecasts for the projects
- Coordination of project activities in the different projects sites
- Realization of set targets/results and impact by participating communities
- Constantly consulting and updating the programs coordinator/Team animator as well as the managing director
- Preparing periodic project reports and sharing with the team and the partners
- Building in Mechanisms for sustainability for the project among participating communities
- Nurturing and strengthening team spirit in the organization
- Periodically liaising with the Chief of administration and Finance (CAF) for the project cash flows
- Ensuring projects effects continuity and multiplication by establishing partnerships and collaborations as well as writing proposals for sustained implementation of project activities in the current and new sites.
- Fundraising for the next phase of the program
- Performing any other duty as shall be assigned by the IFK Management.
How to Apply – Register and Apply