Reports To: HR & Administration Manager
Background: Samaritan’s Purse (SP) is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Job Summary: The Guest House Manager will be responsible for the management function of the day to day efficient running of the Guest House.
The scope of this role includes the guest house maintenance, guest house security, guest house inventory and procurement of supplies, equipment and furnishings. It also includes the management of guest house bookings, attending to guest needs and kitchen management.
The Guest House Manager will supervise the entire kitchen function including, supplier selection, procurement of supplies and kitchen equipment, meal preparation and presentation for visitors at the guest house.
This role will also directly supervise the housekeepers serving the guest house, and have overall supervision of the Chef, Assistant Chef and the Kitchen Assistant to ensure high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained in the dining and kitchen areas of the office. This position will also work closely with the Base Logistician on matters pertaining to guest house supplies.
The incumbent will carry out this role with keenness and due diligence to ensure that the guest house is professionally and sufficiently catered for at all times and that the kitchen function is closely supported so that it can run effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain a guest house guideline manual and ensure it is available to all guests and that they are well informed of how to get around in the guest house;
- Manage bookings and room allocations for the SP guest house and oversee check in and check out process for the guests;
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures that will guide the management and supervision of the Guesthouse and kitchen personnel;
- In compliance with the procurement policy, source for suppliers periodically and make the necessary monthly purchase requests for food and household supplies;
- Facilitate the procurement of new equipment and furnishings for the kitchen and guest house while ensuring all are in good working order and make arrangements for repairs & maintenance where necessary;
- Oversee the safety and security needs at the guest house and manage the relationship with the land lord / agent and management company;
- In an efficient manner plan and facilitate for the maintenance and repair needs of the guest house;
- Liaise and manage relationship with vendors and suppliers;
- Ensure that the guest house amenities such as internet, dstv, telephone etc. consistently works well;
- Prepare and provide timely guest house reports as required;
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
Education / Experience Needed
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a managing a guest house/ or leadership role in the hotel industry,
Graduate in Business Administration / or Hotel Management from a recognized institution,
- Highly organized and self-motivated,
- Ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks,
- Ability to lead and supervise a team,
- Availability to work long, odd hours including weekends,
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel, email,
- High standard of written and spoken English,
- A people oriented person with excellent PR skills,
- Good communication & interpersonal skills,
- Team player
- Committed Christian.
Certificates and testimonials need not be attached.
Only email applications will be considered.