The Grants Specialists prepare and issue solicitations, review applicant proposals, undertake due diligence, award and close out grants, monitor and evaluate grant performance, ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations, in addition to tracking financial and activity progress reporting.
- For Grants Specialists: Experience in grants management and development program compliance, finance or accounting. Strong proficiency with US government rules and regulations required. (senior-level applicants: over 10 years of directly-relevant experience; middle-level applicants: between 5 and 10 years of directly-relevant experience; junior-level applicants: less than 5 years of directly-relevant experience)
- For Engagement Specialists: Experience in financial or management consulting, venture capital investment, enterprise development or other relevant field (senior-level applicants: over 10 years of directly-relevant experience; middle-level applicants: between 5 and 10 years of directly relevant experience; junior-level applicants: less than 5 years of directly-relevant experience)
- Undergraduate degree in management, business administration, accounting, finance or international development; a relevant postgraduate degree would be preferred for senior-level applicants.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Competency in use of Microsoft Office software – particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated track record working in partnership with international donors and development agencies, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), UKAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Strong inter-personal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issues resolution.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of the local and regional economic and business climate as well as the East African agricultural innovation and agribusiness landscape is distinctly advantageous.
- Relationships with East African business advisory and technical assistance providers, in addition to financial institutions and impact investors, would be beneficial.
Wednesday 12th March 2014.