Three Green Apples Consulting Limited is a consulting practice providing transformational human resource management services.
Our client, a global security printing, papermaking and cash handling systems company, is looking to hire a Frontline Manager.
The Front Line Manager will be required to lead, control and coordinate the activities of the cells, areas and equipment to ensure that the relevant activities, products or services are planned, processed and delivered to specified standards.
They will also be required to champion and facilitate the adoption and integration of lean manufacturing and best practice techniques to secure performance improvements and business unit efficiency whilst supporting the Process Manager in the development of strategic plans for the area.
- Develop and implement relevant KPI’s to measure the effectiveness of the area of responsibility and ensuring KPI’s are aligned throughout the cells with the requirements of the business, site, internal customers etc.
- Deliver performance to agreed quality, cost and delivery targets, using relevant Lean Manufacturing Tools and actively drive Continuous Improvement to improve quality and production efficiencies.
- Ensure the effective communication within their area by cascading information, plans, priorities and providing feedback on KPI’s etc. to cell leaders through team briefs, 1-1’s, visible management systems and MBWA.
- Develop and implement short and medium term plans for the area which seek to achieve Continuous Improvement through the use of innovative ideas and new technologies.
- Act as focal point for communication and resolution of issues concerning the area with external and internal customers, suppliers and stakeholders including commercial, sales, technical/R & D departments.
- Prepare annual departmental operating/capital budgets. Undertake regular reviews to ensure that costs are maintained within budget and all necessary purchasing procedures are followed.
- Ensure the successful development and use of FMEA’S, Control Plans, SOP’s, Risk Assessments, Work Instructions, data collection & analysis etc., throughout the cells to enable an understanding of process capabilities and continuous improvement. Develop and conduct compliance audits for Risk assessments, Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operating Procedures and Workplace Organisation
- Develop a preventative and predictive maintenance culture, implementing best practice maintenance regimes and ensuring the principles of asset care are understood and supported within the area.
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace including the promotion of the health and safety standards, systems and any relevant initiatives, ensuring that they are understood and applied by all personnel within the section.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all the company guidelines, policies and procedures, especially those relating to HSE and Code of Business Principles.
- Responsible for the effective selection, training and development of employees in the area including coaching and mentoring of Cell leaders.
- Ensure all direct reports are appropriately managed and have: current job descriptions; PDRs, SMART objectives linked to business objectives; regular reviews of performance and development needs to enhance performance and capability; motivated and engaged and behave in accordance with the company’s values.
- To support the behaviour of working as one company, sharing best practice, fostering networks and collaborating with colleagues across the business to resolve issues.
- Bachelors’ degree in an engineering field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ in depth knowledge and experience:
- production/technical processes and procedures, particularly with respect to safety, output, quality, security and housekeeping;
- application of structured problem solving methods; and
- of HR processes (recruitment, absence management, performance management, grievance handling, disciplinary process management etc.), with the ability to promote good employee relations
- Understanding of and ability to communicate World Class Manufacturing techniques including Lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, SMED, 5S, VSM, KANBAN, KAIZAN etc.
- Have a track record of implementing best practice and of being a change agent.
- Good understanding of budgetary controls and variance analysis within an operational environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop people and work within a team environment.
- Have a proven track record of leading multi-disciplinary teams.
Remuneration: The salary for this position is competitive. The package is negotiable dependent on experience and demonstrable contribution.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply for this position on-line and attached a copy of your updated resume together with details of your current salary and benefit package, at www.careers.tgagroupea.com by 7th February 2014.
Interviews for the position will however commence immediately upon receipt of suitable applications.
Please Note: We do not charge individuals any fee to accept or hold their applications in our database.
We therefore do not accept any applications from agencies who charge their clients for submitting their resumes.