Finance Trainee Programme
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Location: Nairobi & Around Africa
Salary: Gross USD 1000 for first 6 months of training
Gross USD 2200 upon Confirmation
Gross USD 2200 upon Confirmation
Our client is an international Logistics & Supply Chain company is carrying out a Finance Management Trainee programme.
Candidates working with “big 4” audit firms encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Release of accurate monthly accounting reports on time
- Lay down the check list for month closing activity and ensure that it is followed
- Review work, and ensure the standard operating procedures are being adhered to
- Proper implementation of the accounting policies
- Plan & co-ordinate with the internal auditors on scope and the areas to be covered by the internal audit plan and ensure its implementation.
- Ensure sign off on the statutory accounts with least number of disposal points
- Support to all company departments.
- Designing reports and analysis which achieve the desired goals
- Develop independent view on the state on business through analysis of these reports.
- Presenting the reports to seniors
- Review the Transaction Cost Budget used by the businesses– check the assumptions and the costs going into TCB – help the business take prudent business decisions.
- Financial evaluation of projects and post implementation review of the projects
- Asses the financial implications of the various strategic decisions of the businesses
- Assisting in preparation of Standard operating procedures for the department
- Anchor the annual budgeting exercise and ensure that the businesses have a rational assumption basis for the budget.
- Ensure that cost controls are exercised.
- Monthly review process with respect to exposure & other risk reports with operations
- Taking action on breaches
- Ensure that good relations are maintained with the Tax Authorities and other Statutory Authorities.
- Develops checklist of statutory compliances to comply with in the origin
- Reviews compliance
- Ensures documentation of reasons for deviations to the same
- Ensure legal updates with respect to the businesses at origin on periodic basis (or in case of any significant change).
- Liaison with lawyers for legal opinions
- Understanding of the local business requirements and co-coordinating with IT Team to ensure timely system support
- To sign off on whether the procedures in the country are in sync with the systems (both operational and accounting
- Ensure smooth funding for the running of the business and for the new business opportunities.
- Ensure effective foreign exchange management as per the group policy.
- Ensure Good relation with Banks.
Qualification & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related fields (2nd Class Upper) Added advantage
- ACCA graduates who are 1st time passes with average grades of over 60%.
- CPA graduates who are first time passes (those who have completed their exams in 3 years).
- Minimum 2 years experience in Finance functions, especially in “Big 4” Audit firms
- Brilliant finance minds
- High energy level
- Commercial acumen
- Orientation to Profitability
- Planning & organizing skills
- Numeric ability and ability to make sense from data
- Conceptual Thinking
- Influencing & Persuading
- Decision Making
- Attention to Detail
- Innovative & creative
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Trainee Program USD 1000) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17th February 2014
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.