Job Title: Finance Manager / Finance & HR Manager
Salary: 150,000 – 200,000
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Accounting and payroll processes functions
Job Purpose: To undertake the day to day management of company’s financial accounting and payroll processes with direct line management and responsibility.
The day-to-day management of HR functions is an optional additional role alongside that of being Finance Manager.
General Job description
- The role is varied and the candidate will be able to work on multiple tasks at any one time, which will involve the following areas:
- Management of all Bank accounts
- Cash flow planning and monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Management of all income and expenditure processes including invoicing, credit control, outgoing payments
- Management accounts vs budget
- Quarterly budget management / setting.
- Rolling forecasts for next financial year
- Monthly Payroll & PAYE other Payroll deductions. Year end PAYE and all aspects of PAYE as it affects.
- Quarterly VAT Return and all aspects of VAT.
- Year End Management and Statutory Accounts including Auditors liaison
- Quarterly Trustees financial reporting.
- Other aspects of Governance including Annual Returns and other updates. Compliance with Corporate and legal requirements
- Management of Company Insurance
- Finance support for tenders
- Management of all HR processes ensuring compliance with Trust policies and giving support to ED on policy development
- Primary Task 1: Management of financial & management accounting functions
- Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored, with adequate internal controls and compliance with Charity Commission requirements
- Management of all bank accounts including authorized signatories and monitoring cash flow requirements. Carrying out monthly bank reconciliations
- Management of all expenditure and payments processes ensuring operation of controls over authorization and compliance with company policies and other requirements for expenses
- Management of Quarterly VAT Return, VAT status of company activities and compliance with all requirements regarding VAT.
- Preparation of Monthly Management accounts, apportionment of cost recharges and overheads on a monthly basis, monitoring day-to-day financial control of projects accounts against budget, together with the appropriate line Managers.
- Preparation of annual budgets for review and approval by the Executive Director, on-going review and quarterly update of budget in conjunction with Line project Managers. Preparation and update of Rolling Forecasts for next financial year
- Management of the company’s accounting package ensuring updates are implemented.
- Ensure that all company financial policies are adhered to and relevant financial regulations and controls are in place and in operation at all times.
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Financial Accounts including liaison with Auditors.
- Line management of the Finance Administrator ensuring duties carried out effectively reasonable workload carrying out supervisions on a regular basis
Primary Task 2: To manage the monthly payroll process
- Responsible for the accurate and timely payment of salaries and wages to all employees and contractors ensuring accurate costing to projects
- Ensuring procedures for PAYE and Statutory Payments are fully complied with
- Keeping abreast of all developments and legislation surrounding payroll, pensions and benefits.
- Ensuring all legislation is implemented and adhered to by company.
- Liaising with IT where necessary to ensure system changes are implemented
- Undertaking year-end procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of annual pay awards.
- Responsible for resolving all pay queries, correction of errors, costing adjustments etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all statutory and voluntary payroll deductions are paid to appropriate bodies in a timely manner.
- Knowledge & Experience
- Assessment Essential
- Graduate in accounts or Finance
- Professionally qualified as a member of ICPAK or, ACCA / CIMA or equivalent with relevant financial experience and proven management skills at senior management level of more than 5YRS years.
- Formal management qualification
- Knowledge of project management statutory reporting and operational compliance requirements.
- Significant experience of using commonly used financial accounting packages
- Strong ICT skills including MS Excel, Word and
- PowerPoint, SAGE or Paxton accounting package.
- Significant experience of Payroll, monthly and year-end requirements for PAYE Statutory Payments and other statutory compliance.
- Good understanding of VAT issues.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of reporting to and working with Senior Management and in the area of financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proven track record at Senior Management level.
- Excellent Line Management skills and ability to supervise and motivate support staff to work effectively
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, self motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Experience in Youth, social care, health, &/or education.
- Significant experience of developing and implementing company financial policies
- Experience of HR administration ideally in a management role.
- Familiarity with HR processes and policies.
Skills and Abilities
- Results driven, proven track record in meeting deadlines, working under pressure and exceeding targets
- Adaptability and flexibility to be able to respond to changing task requirements in an enthusiastic and positive way
- Passionate, energetic and pro-active and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentational – able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy
All applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
FEMALE CANDIDATES are preferred for this role